Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so Maxi will be 2 years old in september and i never really bothered with the sit down paw thing because i bring maxi up as a human ( i know im crazy :new_Eyecrazy: ) anyway so my friend down the block from where i live who has 2 dogs and her and her husband are very strict with all the rules decided she was going to teach maxi to sit and lay down and roll over ...In a matter of 15 minutes and im not stretching the truth maxi sat down and laid down , for Iams ( which by the way he has a bowl 24/7 on his food tray in the house) but for some reason he thinks these are his rewards treats,,, anyway he wouldnt roll over but he sat down and laid down
so i get him up stairs and i was doing this with him for about an hour
and now i am proud to say that Maxi sits gives his paws lays down rolls over left and right
he walks and twirls around and all i do is kiss and hug him because if you saw how he does it you would melt
every night we do this for about 30 minutes he really likes to show off
and not only does he like it but he does it for anyone we did it at the vets and for my friends in any event now he is adorable when he twirls standing on his hind legs
i will be teaching him more now that i know he enjoys it

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
thats cool, they are smart things forsure, I need to teach Sampson and Maggie something

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you everyone
yes im so happy about this and he appears to really want to show off his talents
i will try and video tape it i dont have a video but i have an online camera ill see if i can catch it on the camera
its just so adorable
my friend thinks i can teach him how to dance he stays on his hind legs for quite a nice walk i counted his steps last night and it was 10 steps before he sat down i always knew he was smart i just didnt think he would do anything like this since from the time i got him at 10 weeks i have spoiled him and indulged him with treats but for some reason he thinks the iams is a special treat and is willing to do a show for them

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How funny

she is adorable
it goes to show you how these babies understand i mean i just have been flawed at how maxi really can do all this stuff he is very stubborn sometimes so the fact that he just loves to show off now cracks me up, my friend gave me 2 videos to watch about how to train them to do things i am going to watch it this weekend
and see if there is anything on these videos worth teaching maxi and see if he does them now that i know he is capable of understanding i am going to have a ball with him
:D

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I am so glad that you ... and Maxi.... are having so much fun!! I've heard that really smart dogs especially enjoy learning things and "working" ... it is really good for them.... Congrats!!!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
How cool! I keep saying that one of these days I will teach Paris more tricks.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
believe me i never thought i would be doing this with maxi but now that i know he likes to show off i am going to push the envelope alittle and keep teaching him i know if he doesnt like it he wont do it he has his own mind my Maxi
its fun especially when you get results
Maxi is a funny furbaby he is like the mayor of my little village town i live in everyone knows him and he is very funny he wants everyone to stop when i am walking him and admire him if he doesnt get a " Oh how cute you are "
he will win your heart over until you compliment him

im very lucky for the fact that anyone can go up to him and i never have to worry about him being snippy he loves anyone and all animals
as long as they dont live with us

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
WTG Maxi

I have been web searching and have found many tricks with easy training. We also do the entire routine every night. I now have to mix up the demands, Puddles thinks he knows which one is next.....smarty pants !!

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Whoo-hoo!!
That's really great!! Give you're sweet Maxi kisses and cuddles from us!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Puddles Mom@Jul 29 2005, 03:47 PM
WTG Maxi 

I have been web searching and have found many tricks with easy training. We also do the entire routine every night. I now have to mix up the demands, Puddles thinks he knows which one is next.....smarty pants !!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=85859
[/QUOTE]

how funny puddles mom
maxi does that too now
i go and get the iams and i go "come on maxi" and before i get started he is sitting . rolling , giving his paw he tries to do everything right away

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.