Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that if you have a scale it’s better to measure our pups food with it opposed to a measuring cup. I’ve always used the cup for my kibble. I noticed it’s is less food when I do it this way so I was wondering if anyone else had a preference?

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Measuring out your fluffs food isn't an exact science like baking a cake or cookies is.... or measuring your food intake for a controlled diet.
The first time I measured Abellas food out in a quarter cup measuring cup then I poured it into another top about the same size (I think it was a children's Tylenol measuring top or something similar) - That top is what I use now to measure her food with. Don't over think the amount recommendations. 👍😋
🐶 🐾🌻

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Measuring out your fluffs food isn't an exact science like baking a cake or cookies is.... or measuring your food intake for a controlled diet.
The first time I measured Abellas food out in a quarter cup measuring cup then I poured it into another top about the same size (I think it was a children's Tylenol measuring top or something similar) - That top is what I use now to measure her food with. Don't over think the amount recommendations. 👍😋
🐶 🐾🌻
Oh no, I know that. I’m not really concerned because he doesn’t seem hungry with this amount just curious how others weigh in on information I read about. I tried out of curiosity and 1/2 cup measuring cup and 4 ounces on the scale and it seems to be a significant difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts