Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading the thread about Porkchop and the problem of inappetence post surgery and thought I should share my experience with Lilly. Due to progressing CHF she was on heavy doses of numerous oral medications which brought on inappetence and weight loss. We tried everything to get her to eat with little success. She continued to drop weight. Then the cardiologist prescribed a medication call Entyce. It was a game changer. By the second dose she began eating. I actually had to reduce her dosage because she was hungry all the time! I really believe this medication extended her life and made those final months more enjoyable because of the added nutrition. She actually gained back half a pound. I wish I knew about it sooner.
I thought it a good bit of info to share. Maybe another fur baby would benefit from this info. I pasted the product info below . I think that is allowable here on SM.

https://entyce.aratana.com

Registered
Thank you very much for mentioning this, fach. Writing it down in case it's needed for my dogs or so I can share it on my other forum.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to offer information zooeysmom.

Registered
Thank you for this..I had this issue with Bitsy after her drowning..
It took her weeks to regain function after falling in a pool and I did CPR on her..
I had to syringe feed her for almost three weeks..

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for this..I had this issue with Bitsy after her drowning..
It took her weeks to regain function after falling in a pool and I did CPR on her..
I had to syringe feed her for almost three weeks..
Poor little Bitsy. :wub:
I bet that scared the daylight out of you.

Premium Member
Thank you for sharing. I'll be sharing with a friend who's 14-year-old dog is not eating well.

Glad the new medication is helping your little one.

Lainie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts