Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Edie calls me with this precious one. I went to OC Shelter to pick him up today, but they would not release him. They did tell us, per their email, that he was available on the 3rd. So, yes I was pissed. It's cold, it's raining, and I had no choice but to leave him there.

It's okay, little dude, wait a couple more days.

I gave him my word. I said, "Are you waiting for me? I'll be back little one. You wait for me. I love you".

He's cute as a bug. You can't tell in the pic, but he is VERY tiny, mostly due to starving. He was in a cage, which had a 3-foot gate in front, so I couldn't touch him, nor get close. I called him, and he didn't come close to the cage at first. Then he ran up. I was so far away from him, and wanted to hug him, but wasn't allowed, nor had access. So we spring him in a couple of days!!

Meet Little No Name:

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
I just hate that shelter there. You'd think as much as y'all are there, they'd give more consideration to you. Rules are a fine thing, but I think there are always good reasons to sometimes make exceptions. It seems to me that a proven rescue would be one of those cases. EEEEEeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
Hey little "no name"---angels are hovering above you & I heard that one is coming to spring you. You might not recognize her as an angel---she is often disguised in a "gruff" coat---but don't you fear---Deb is near! Holding our breaths!

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just hate that shelter there. You'd think as much as y'all are there, they'd give more consideration to you. Rules are a fine thing, but I think there are always good reasons to sometimes make exceptions. It seems to me that a proven rescue would be one of those cases. EEEEEeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
I hear you girlfriend!! They make me sick. Yep, dumber than a box of rocks. :blink:

So yep, I leave this poor little guy out in the cold. And yes, it's raining, it's cold, and this skinny little guy is in an outdoor cage. Cool, huh? :blink:

I must say, Edie was flippin' pissed.

Let's pray they don't euthanize him before I pick him up. That's happened in the past. The Los Angeles Shelter "claimed" it was a mistake.

I wanted to strangle them. I was fit to be tied. Nothing like dealing with idiots, who don't realize their terrible mistakes will cost a life. You can't take that back. It's gone forever. Be careful with these precious souls.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Hey little "no name"---angels are hovering above you & I heard that one is coming to spring you. You might not recognize her as an angel---she is often disguised in a "gruff" coat---but don't you fear---Deb is near! Holding our breaths!
So well said....Deb you are the best...love ya my friend.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I hear you girlfriend!! They make me sick. Yep, dumber than a box of rocks. :blink:

So yep, I leave this poor little guy out in the cold. And yes, it's raining, it's cold, and this skinny little guy is in an outdoor cage. Cool, huh? :blink:

Let's pray they don't euthanize him before I pick him up. That's happened in the past. The Los Angeles Shelter "claimed" it was a mistake.

I wanted to strangle them. I was fit to be tied. Nothing like dealing with idiots, who don't realize their terrible mistakes will cost a life. You can't take that back. It's gone forever. Be careful with these precious souls.

Didn't they do that w/ little Johnny too,make him wait in the rain. I guess it's less paperwork if they freeze to death instead of letting them be rescued?

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn't they do that w/ little Johnny too,make him wait in the rain. I guess it's less paperwork if they freeze to death instead of letting them be rescued?
Yup, Little Johnny almost froze to death. Sickening beyond words.

We've had terrible rains, and the dogs are suffering, as a result.

I will do my best to get Mr No Name out tomorrow. Hoping Edie will do her bitching over the phone, as usual. Yep, you go Edie. You little bitch ~ :HistericalSmiley:

I'll keep you filled in. It is cold, and wet, and the dogs are in the elements. They are ALL wet, and cold. Not just "No Name", we have several Pits there. I'm a Pit Fan, and this shelter is FULL of Pits. Breaks my heart.

Thanks everyone, and please keep our shelter dogs in your prayers.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh bless his little heart. I am so saddened to hear they made you leave him. i just don't understand that. Why let a little soul suffer and freeze when there are loving arms ready to hold him and take him? :( I can't wait to hear when you have him home.

Give him lots of kisses from me and the T's

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
:smcry: I don't know if I'm sadder or madder about this. It breaks my heart to think of the little guy there in the elements. Ugh!!! I hope that Edie gives them an earful and that little guy will be in your arms tomorrow. He looks adorable. Ugh, these horrible shelters. The term shelter doesn't seem to have any meaning to them...they certainly aren't sheltering them from anything. :smpullhair::smpullhair: Thanks, Deb. You're the best.:smootch:

·
Registered
161 Posts
oh that's absolutely horrible :***(

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Sometimes I just don't understand people. You would think the people in the shelter would be happy to save a life....:blink:....I thought they were supposed like animals....

Whatever, I hope all goes well for the little guy. He looks as if he could use some help right about now. :crying 2:

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Poor guy, he is so cute and needs proper care ASAP. I can't believe they wouldn't release him to a rescue yet. That is absolutely idiotic.

I thought all animals in shelters were in indoor cages....how can they keep animals outside in the elements??? :(

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Sending prayers again today Deb that you can rescue the little guy! I can't bring myself to say No Name. :blush:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts