Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone in SM! My name is DiDi and I wanted to introduce myself and my little baby MuShu who will be coming to his new home in 4 weeks! He met his Daddy today @ the breeder and everything went so well. He has yet to meet his Mommy (ME!). Can hardly wait!!! Will keep everyone posted!

How soon can I begin to use a Puppy Tote/Carrier. Any good brands I should get?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Welcome DIDI I'm also new to the site its the best and Icarried Summer in a tote like the 2nd day we got ( 8 weeks she was so small 1LB 8oz )her. But she just likes to be carried in our arms. She goes every where with me ..
Well welcome again yu will learn alot here I did..

she a cutie pie enjoy

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
what a cuuute little boy

you can start using his carrier immediately. lucy loooved her first ride in a carrier

anyways, welcome to sm! the time will fly by

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
What an adorable Mushu!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
HI and welcome....I too am new to all this....but this is a great site...I have been lurking for a month and learned a lot from these guys.

Your baby is just a doll baby. COngrats.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Bet you just can't wait! When will YOU meet MuShu? I hope the next 4 weeks fly by for you.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Yes a cutie. She sounds kinda young to be going home though. I assume she will be 8 weeks old? I just assume that because in the picture she doesn't look to be 8 weeks old. You can put her in the carrier but don't take her out into public until she has all her shots. (I have given up on telling people to wait till the puppy is 12 weeks old before they take them home, and to find another breeder that won't let them home till 12 weeks. I will just get slack for it.)
I had Fantasia in our old vets for her year boosters (after all her puppy shots) and I was standing there holding her while my husband paid and this man came him holding a little dog and we were standing next to each other for a long time till someone asked what he was in for and he said they thought it was kennel cough! I wrapped my arms around Fantasia's face and ran out of there as they whisked him and his dog away to a waiting room. Fantasia has never had her bordatella shot and she didn't end up getting kennel cough but she could have!
So just be careful with taking her out in public before her shots. Even at the vet's office I would keep her in her bag till you get into the examining room.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Apr 15 2005, 10:05 AM
Yes a cutie.  She sounds kinda young to be going home though.  I assume she will be 8 weeks old?  I just assume that because in the picture she doesn't look to be 8 weeks old.  You can put her in the carrier but don't take her out into public until she has all her shots.  (I have given up on telling people to wait till the puppy is 12 weeks old before they take them home, and to find another breeder that won't let them home till 12 weeks.  I will just get slack for it.)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52903
[/QUOTE]

Why is there a 12 week old rule?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hello there and welcome! I am very new to SM but I love it! Mushu is such a cute name! I just ordered a carrier from celtei, my little tessa is yet to ride in one but I am really hoping she likes it. I also just recently ordered the Juicy Couture Crocodile Carrier from saksfifthavenue.com. It should be here today! I am so excited.

I do have one slight problem. My second maltese baby is coming home on tuesday. How do you chose who to put in the carrier? Should I give the carriers I bought back and buy one that is designed for 2? Any suggestions???

WELCOME, WE ARE HAPPY TO MEET YOU! WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE OF MUSHU!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank to everyone for welcoming me and MuShu to the boards. He is 4 weeks old right now and that's his most recent picture. I know some people were concerned about how small he was thinking he was 8 weeks. My Bad! I cannot wait to get a nice little carrier for him.

It sounds like a visit to the Vet is so scary. Sounds worse than a human hospital!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Theresa@Apr 15 2005, 07:05 AM
Welcome DIDI I'm also new to the site its the best and Icarried Summer in a tote like the 2nd day we got  ( 8 weeks she was so small 1LB 8oz )her. But she just likes to be carried in our arms. She goes every where with me ..
Well welcome again yu will learn alot here I did..

she a cutie pie enjoy

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52861
[/QUOTE]

Aw...Summer sounds darling! Do you put her in a diaper so she doesn't go potty in the carrier?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And 8 weeks is too young to come home so without getting on my soap box I will just say make sure you have nutrical on hand when you get your pup.[/B]
Nutrical? Really? Do they have trouble eating at 8/9weeks or something? I'm actually getting him @ 9 weeks.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts