Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! Yeti and I new here!
Yeti is a 4.5 month old Maltiopoo, he came home for Christmas! We are loving life with our new baby. Although, he is fully potty trained in the SNOW. But now there is no snow for him to go potty on so now he’s acting like he forgot all his potty training skills.. any advice I can get to get him to stop peeing on my kitchen rug would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome, and he is Darling!
I can't answer your question however. My boy wears a diaper band, as he mark's everything. I got him when he was 1 1/2 years old and could not get him to overcome that habit. He does go poo outside however.

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
I agree with snuggles mom with crate training being recommended.
If it were me, I would start from the beginning, using a crate of xpen, get rid of the rug and hope for best!! I use bells as well. It makes it less likely for accidents when they can alert us.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Hello Everyone! Yeti and I new here!
Yeti is a 4.5 month old Maltiopoo, he came home for Christmas! We are loving life with our new baby. Although, he is fully potty trained in the SNOW. But now there is no snow for him to go potty on so now he’s acting like he forgot all his potty training skills.. any advice I can get to get him to stop peeing on my kitchen rug would be greatly appreciated View attachment 275425

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Crate training a puppy has worked for me. Though the very best training has been when I was lucky enough to have an older dog in the household that the puppy folllowed.

Lainie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts