Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading posts on this site for about a month now and I just think you guys are all wonderful people. Even though I did not read every single post, I didn't see any that is negative or mean. I was just wondering how everyone on this site can be so sweet and supportive. I mean afterall, anyone can sign on, right? Just very impressed!!!

Maximus sends kisses and huggies!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Originally posted by Maximus@Jun 2 2005, 03:45 PM
I've been reading posts on this site for about a month now and I just think you guys are all wonderful people.  Even though I did not read every single post, I didn't see any that is negative or mean.  I was just wondering how everyone on this site can be so sweet and supportive.  I mean afterall, anyone can sign on, right?  Just very impressed!!!

Maximus sends kisses and huggies!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68251
[/QUOTE]

HI MAXIMUS!!! We are new also, just trying to get to know everyone.. AND yes everyone is wonderful here

Mia and Sno send kisses and huggies right backs. Oh!! and welcome to sm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,010 Posts
I think everyone on here is terrific, too!!
I have seen "times" when our emotions get the best of us but for the majority of the time everyone is mature, understanding, supportive, and compassionate. It takes alot to admit to not knowing something or admitting failure, but when one does most people on here treat them with respect and great advice. To many maltese owners on here my questions probably seem "silly" because they are so experienced, but not once has anyone treated me that way here on SM. Thank you all ~ because you have seen me through some trying times with my little Abbey!
I'll be glad to reach that 1 year mark and be able to help others through the puppy times, too!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
894 Posts
I think this is a great thread, thanks for starting it! I believe it is good once in a while to be reminded how "giving" we all can be. Abby's Mom is right in saying there are "times" we tend to get a bit hot, but think about it....there are over 700 members here, each with a different belief system, life background, opinion, feelings and all!! I am amazed how good people are here! More often than not we all get along pretty darn good....take a good look at some other forums out there, we should all be very proud of what we have here!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,652 Posts
I am reasonably new here too and I think everyone is great too
There is a wealth of knowledge here for anyone and also many friends to be made
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
Why, thank you! We really are a great (huge) bunch of Maltese-crazed people and we could no more be mean to other Maltese-crazed people than we could to our own precious furbabies.

Maximus is familiar, though. Did you come from "over there"? You know, the "other" place?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
I too think everyone on this site is great. I think because we all love are little malt babies so much it just spills over to this site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
Originally posted by Abbey@Jun 2 2005, 04:01 PM
I think everyone on here is terrific, too!!
 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68255
[/QUOTE]

abbey's mom... the buttercup has that same pink sweater too! isnt it too cute?!?!?

and isnt it the truth, this site is so open-minded and SO welcoming to new ideas and reasonable discussions that sometimes i want to pinch myself. LOL. i love that people can share ideas, compliment one another, and speak UP for themselves...without any kind of slap on the wrist for not staying on topic or fear of bizarre repercussions LOL. and joe can even have a bad day or two and not take it out on US, LOLOLOLOLOLOL


ann marie and the "MOM!! you go into the corner and THINK about what you just said, missy!" buttercup
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
We do have a great group here! I think the vast majority of us try really hard not to offend anyone.


I'm reading a book called "Eats, Shoots & Leaves".... you may have heard of it. It is basically a grammar book but it is a fun read. It really brings home the fact that it is so very difficult to communicate via the written word, especially without the appropriate punctuation. It reminds me that we should give the benefit of the doubt when someone may post something that rubs us the wrong way. Before getting "bent" out of shape, it may be best to just let it go. UNLESS, it is a direct slam where there can be no misinterpretation. Consider these two "Dear Jack" letters. The words are identical.... just different punctuation. Notice how the meaning of the two is totally opposite:

Dear Jack,
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy -- will you let me be yours? Jill


Dear Jack,
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men I yearn! For you I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart. I can be forever happy. Will you let me be. Yours, Jill


EDIT: I forgot to mention that the example above is from the book!
Truss, Lynn. 2003. Eats, Shoots & Leaves. Gotham Books, p. 9.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Jun 2 2005, 06:57 PM
We do have a great group here! I think the vast majority of us try really hard not to offend anyone. 


I'm reading a book called "Eats, Shoots & Leaves".... you may have heard of it. It is basically a grammar book but it is a fun read. It really brings home the fact that it is so very difficult to communicate via the written word, especially without the appropriate punctuation.  It reminds me that we should give the benefit of the doubt when someone may post something that rubs us the wrong way. Before getting "bent" out of shape, it may be best to just let it go. UNLESS, it is a direct slam where there can be no misinterpretation. Consider these two "Dear Jack" letters. The words are identical.... just different punctuation. Notice how the meaning of the two is totally opposite:

Dear Jack,
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy -- will you let me be yours? Jill


Dear Jack,
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men I yearn! For you I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart. I can be forever happy. Will you let me be. Yours, Jill
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68342
[/QUOTE]

One of my students' parents told me about the book!!!
I made it a goal to look for it this summer!!! So I could use it next year when I was teaching the importance of grammar and writing concepts! You are SO right about the difference in the letters! Thanks for sharing. That makes me want to go and look for it this weekend!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Jun 2 2005, 05:45 PM
Why, thank you!  We really are a great (huge) bunch of Maltese-crazed people and we could no more be mean to other Maltese-crazed people than we could to our own precious furbabies.

Maximus is familiar, though.  Did you come from "over there"?  You know, the "other" place?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68291
[/QUOTE]

Hehe, I remember you too. I love your baby' name. I don't know how I discovered this site (I'm not an internet person) but really people here are so warm and friendly. Maybe it has somethint to do with that dancing chilli on the left.
I've never seen them before so they brought smile to my face when I first join this site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,597 Posts
Maximus,

Welcome to this wonderful site...I too found it quite by accident and I have loved it ever since. The people here have always been so upbeat and kind. And the big plus...we can actually compliment each other. I love that!!! And of course the chilli's


Susan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
I am glad you found us, I recognized your log on name from the other site also, you will love it here...there are many of us that have "found" this site and never looked back..it is amazing. WELCOME
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
Yes the people on this site are great

:D Glad you found us, I found this site one day just like you and have stayed around because the people are very helpful and pleasant
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top