Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, this idea has been bounced around for awhile now and i finally have it in place, its a membership upgrade that gives you added features, this is a completely optional upgrade, nothing about your current membership will change if you do not upgrade, SM will always be free to join, the price of the upgrade will help pay for hosting and upgrades to the site to make it even better, one of the upgrades is with the gallery, the more pictures i allow the more bandwidth we use, bandwidth is what costs money on the internet, another of the upgrades is direct picture uploads, this means you can add a picture to the post as an attachment with out having to go thru the trouble of finding an image host, upload the pic, copy and paste code here and so on

this will be seperate from donations as the upgrade is tied more directly into the members added usage of these features, donations will help towards maintaining our forum software, gallery software, upgrades, add-ons (like chat!) and any additional expenses needed for the site

so enough talk for now, here are the added features in the upgrade...

SMC Member Upgrade

SpoiledMaltese.com Contributing Member Benefits

Full time use of our real time chat
Can upload pictures directly into the forum (no need to host it)
Gallery upgrade - can have 5 different albums
Gallery upgrade - can have 25 pictures in each album
Increased PM (Personal Message) storage to 200
Can add attachments to PM's
Personal photo upgrade (500kb, 800x600 pixels)
Can edit own topic title & description
Username will be shown in red
Receives the contributors star
$2.00 of each membership donated to a Maltese rescue
Access to 24/7 live chat
Personal Blog space - express your thoughts outside of the forum
Access to SMC Member only forum (Coming soon!)
and more. (Coming soon!)[/B]

you can upgrade by clicking the following link or by clicking on >My Controls>Purchase Paid Subscriptions

http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/index.php?...&CODE=index

this is also through paypal using paypal funds, credit, debit card or check (takes longer to clear), if you do not do online payments you can PM me for snail mail address, the price is 20.00 for one year, at the end of the year you will revert back to a regular member group, at that time you can sign up again if you wish

Please let me know if you have any questions, and as new forum upgrades come out with new features I will add new features to the upgrade list, just a note I am still working out some bugs so please PM me after you sign up with the email address you use with paypal so I can be sure the upgrade goes through

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by adorableaccentsdogbows.com@Aug 18 2005, 12:06 PM
I just upgraded. Do I add pics the same way as before? How long does the upgrade take to go into effect?
Thanks
Kelly
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=91769
[/QUOTE]

to add pics to a post you look below the reply box and it says

File Attachments, click on browse, find the picture on your computer and then click add this attachment, when that is done click on "post reply" as normal

Attachments

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Lexi - I actually found this the other night when I was trying to donate and said hey, never knew this was here...

Joe explained that he was testing it out...and I stumbled onto it and paid...The next morning he had it changed for me.

Thanks Joe - by the way...will we get a notice before we expire to renew...instead of just turning it off.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the upgrade on the forum.

Does donating give you the same options as upgrading your membership.?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Her Chelsey

Originally posted by Joe@Aug 18 2005, 11:35 AM
this will be seperate from donations as the upgrade is tied more directly into the members added usage of these features, donations will help towards maintaining our forum software, gallery software, upgrades, add-ons (like chat!) and any additional expenses needed for the site

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=91756
[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Joe+Aug 18 2005, 12:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-adorableaccentsdogbows.com
@Aug 18 2005, 12:06 PM
I just upgraded. Do I add pics the same way as before? How long does the upgrade take to go into effect?
Thanks
Kelly
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=91769
to add pics to a post you look below the reply box and it says

File Attachments, click on browse, find the picture on your computer and then click add this attachment, when that is done click on "post reply" as normal
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=91771
[/B][/QUOTE]

Joe, the Browse box for adding photos is not appearing when I post ??

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Aug 18 2005, 12:30 PM
Joe how long does it take for the upgrade to go into effect? I did mine like 10 min ago and it still looks the same.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=91776
[/QUOTE]

please PM me the email address you use with paypal so I know which goes where, everyone that has signed up please do the same, some are going through automatically some are not

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by AJ+Aug 18 2005, 01:05 PM-->
Her Chelsey

<!--QuoteBegin-Joe
@Aug 18 2005, 11:35 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=91756
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=91798
[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I have a question... will a regular member be able to see all the new features that we have for example...
if i sent a PM to a person that is not a SMC member will they still get the attached pic?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Kodie@Aug 18 2005, 03:09 PM
I have a question... will a regular member be able to see all the new features that we have for example...
if i sent a PM  to a person that is not a SMC member will they still get the attached pic?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=91890
[/QUOTE]

good question, i would think so but not sure, anyone with an upgrade want to send me and kodie a PM with an attached pic so we can find out ? ? ? ? ? ?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Joe+Aug 18 2005, 02:48 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kodie
@Aug 18 2005, 03:09 PM
if i sent a PM  to a person that is not a SMC member will they still get the attached pic?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=91890
good question, i would think so but not sure, anyone with an upgrade want to send me and kodie a PM with an attached pic so we can find out ? ? ? ? ? ?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=91907
[/B][/QUOTE]
Done

1 - 20 of 98 Posts