Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my name is Pat and I'd like to introduce myself and my furkids to everyone.

Will & Gracie are 2 (and littermates) and we just got our third baby, Brie who is 13 weeks. She is a real sweetheart, and loves to play with her big brother and sister. She is keeping all of us on our toes as she is fearless and moves at lightening speed. But I have to say there is nothing like snuggling with 3 malts on the sofa when it's freezing outside and nice and warm inside. Not to mention 3 little faces giving you kisses all at once, it's like having a maltese bath

I live in Burlington, Ontario Canada, and my husband and I have a small business we run from home so we have lots of time to spend with our furkids. We also have a 20 year old daughter who is attending college, plus my parents live in an in-law apt. on the lower level. Our house is pretty busy most of the time.

I'm looking forward to meeting and talking with everyone here and would like to wish all of you a Happy New Year.

Pat

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
welcome
Thjis is the GREATEST forum you will love it here.Sounds like you have a house full,LOL With three furbabies Im sure you wilol be able to add alot to the forum.Again WELCOME

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Hi Pat! Love the names of Will & Grace! Very cute. Glad to have you here. I love to hear the stories about littermates. We got Sadie in October when she was 14 weeks. Last month her breeder let us know that the female littermate would be sold rather than shown and we are going to get her on Friday. I'm really nervous and like hearing stories about what a good idea this is! Please.

Bet your house is lots of fun with the three. How old are Will and Grace? I'll look forward to your future posts.
Susan

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<span style="font-family:Arial">Thanks for the welcome Sheila and Kallie and Catcher's Mom. :D This sounds like a great place to share the love we all have for Maltese babies as well as get lots of useful information. I know I will become addicted to this site. I'm so happy to have found it. </span>

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Dec 26 2004, 02:56 PM
Hi Pat!  Love the names of Will & Grace!  Very cute.  Glad to have you here.  I love to hear the stories about littermates.  We got Sadie in October when she was 14 weeks.  Last month her breeder let us know that the female littermate would be sold rather than shown and we are going to get her on Friday.  I'm really nervous and like hearing stories about what a good idea this is!  Please. 

Bet your house is lots of fun with the three.  How old are Will and Grace?  I'll look forward to your future posts.
Susan
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25426
[/QUOTE]

Hi Susan, you will love having two little ones. They are wonderful company for each other when you need to be doing something else and it is so much fun to watch them play together. We got Will & Grace at the same time when they were 10 weeks old, so they have never been apart. (they are 2 yrs. old now) They learn from each other and whatever one does, the other usually follows. I have to admit housetraining was difficult (we got them last Feb. & it was freezing outside), but we have trained them to potty on command so little Brie is learning quickly from them. She loves to follow them around, and so will your little one follow and learn your routine from Sadie. It will be interesting to see if they remember each other.

Sadie is so beautiful, are you going to keep her in long coat? I have been toyig with the idea of letting Brie's coat grow, I'll see how matted she gets playing with the other two. Good luck on Friday, let us know all about your new arrival.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
welcome to the SM Family!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm also quite near to Burlington...I'm in London/Ontario..Its soo nice to see more people from Ontario joining on to the forum! :D You'll love it here! Everybody here is so kind and will help you out with any questions that want to be answered. Its wonderful here!

Welcome and glad you joined!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by SylphidesMom@Dec 26 2004, 11:09 PM
Welcome!!! We're not that far from Ontario...did you get snow for Christmas?  We didn't, but we got lovely soft flurries today...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25477
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sylphides Mom, yes as a matter a fact we did get snow, but unfortunately we got freezing rain on top of the snow so getting around was very difficult. But the trees looked spectacular in the sunshine with the coating of ice on the branches...looked like diamonds sparkling, very beautiful.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. All your furkids are just beautiful, I love looking at all their pictures. I agree it is nice to see so many people on this forum from Ontario, I didn't realize so many people had Maltese in this area. I have an Aunt who lives in London so I have been there quite a few times, and I was born in Toronto, so I know the city very well, in fact I worked there for many years.

My hubby and I are going to Toronto tomorrow, checking into the Marriott by the Eaton Centre, and spending an evening in the city, having dinner and then going to see the"Ghost of John Candy" at the Second City Comedy Club. This was my Christmas present from him this year. I am so excited to go. Then on Wed. I get to shop the sales in the Eaton Centre. I am really looking forward to the two days away. Our daughter is babysitting for us since she is off school until the following week.

Thanks again for your welcoming words and making me feel right at home here already.
For those of you living in warmer climates (like Florida, California, Australia, etc.) I'm jealous...send some of your warm weather our way, we're freezing our buns off here these days :lol: And to all your beautiful Malts, kisses from me.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts