Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abella and I wish all the wonderful SM family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. :drinkup:

The past three months have been a blur for me. I had my right shoulder rotator cuff surgery. The recuperation has been rough as I'm right handed. I'm still going to physical therapy three times a week. Progress seems so slow. I can't believe how fast I lost all my strength in my arm. I have a love hate relationship with my therapist. It seems as soon as the pain starts easing up he steps up the exercises and the pain returns :OMG!:. I am thankful I can now drive, give Abella her baths and daily brushings/grooming, I can even blow dry and style my hair (although painful). :happy:

This fall in Northern Calif we have had lots of wild fires and I had my power turned off three different times for days. This was so frustrating as I needed my therapeutic ice machine for my shoulder and of coarse other electric conveniences like heat, microwave, refrigerator, lights etc. Thankfully, I didn't have to evacuate and my house was safe from the fires. What in the world is going on here in Calif? :wacko1:

So much news has happened over the past few months here on SM. I apologize for not being there for those needing encouragement & support. Next year I will try and be better about keeping up. Thank you to all that have messaged me with encouragement/support/prayers. SM is such a wonderful caring group. :sLo_grouphug3:

Someday I'll figure out why some of my pictures download sideways??? :smilie_tischkante:

"Life is good - Life with a Maltese is better!"

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,676 Posts
Hi Paulann -

I missed this. I am sorry you are having a rough time. It seems like a quarter of the world is on fire. I had a student from the stat of Jefferson area that lost everything last year in one of the fires. Arbella is looking great. How is she doing.

·
Premium Member
17,468 Posts
What a little beauty!!!!!Let's try to stand our girl up!
I sure missed having you w/us & am happy you are doing better. Onward & upward!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
Merry Christmas Paulann! I have missed you and pics of gorgeous Abella. I hate that your recovery was and is so slow but thankful you're getting there. Hang in there. My hubby had both of his knees replaced this year and it was well worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Walter, Im so sorry for your student. I can't imagine loosing everything to a fire. I know they say these are only earthly goods and can be replaced - but it still must be devastating. Is he doing ok? I had fires come close to my home but never had to physically evacuate like many others did. They are telling us that "power outages" are going to be a way of life in the future. They turn it off as a "safe guard" so the lines won't start a fire when winds and conditions are optimal for fires. This seems strange to me in this day and age.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a little beauty!!!!!Let's try to stand our girl up!
I sure missed having you w/us & am happy you are doing better. Onward & upward!
Thank you Sandi for "uprighting" Abellas picture! How do you do that?:aktion033:

When I upload the photos from my Mac Book picture album they are upright - What happens that turns them sideways in the process of attaching to SM? :smilie_tischkante:

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Merry Christmas Paulann! I have missed you and pics of gorgeous Abella. I hate that your recovery was and is so slow but thankful you're getting there. Hang in there. My hubby had both of his knees replaced this year and it was well worth it.
Sherry, How is your husband doing? Both knees is quite an undertaking! My sister had one of her knees replaced at the beginning of this year and had a long recuperation process. She told the surgeon she wanted the "bionic dancing replacement knee" - He obliged her as she and her husband are dancing again - with no pain! :chili::chili:

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
Paulann, he had them done 7 weeks apart. Only because after the first one which was supposedly the worst, the other one was so painful he could hardly walk. He is doing great. We moved after the second one so that was stressfull, but so glad we bought this house and went with it. You will be so glad you had the sugery soon.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Paulann - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Abella. I love that photo of her. Such a beautiful girl :wub::wub:

So sorry about your shoulder. My SIL had surgery too and it's a long slow slog upward but she's improving her range of motion. It just takes time. I have a bad back/sciatic issue for months now and the pain is so bad. I'm trying Acupunture and hoping it will help. Surgeon doesn't think I need surgery but I need to live my life and my ability to get around is severely hindered. PT made it much worse and they told me not to go that route.

I don't get on SM nearly as much as I used to, but my new news is that we welcomed a new family member -- Gucci who was my AMAR foster. I love having both of them. They almost look like each other. Tyler will be 11 in Feb and Gucci will be 8 in January. Not sure I can post a pic either. :HistericalSmiley:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Paulann - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Abella. I love that photo of her. Such a beautiful girl :wub::wub:

So sorry about your shoulder. My SIL had surgery too and it's a long slow slog upward but she's improving her range of motion. It just takes time. I have a bad back/sciatic issue for months now and the pain is so bad. I'm trying Acupunture and hoping it will help. Surgeon doesn't think I need surgery but I need to live my life and my ability to get around is severely hindered. PT made it much worse and they told me not to go that route.

I don't get on SM nearly as much as I used to, but my new news is that we welcomed a new family member -- Gucci who was my AMAR foster. I love having both of them. They almost look like each other. Tyler will be 11 in Feb and Gucci will be 8 in January. Not sure I can post a pic either. :HistericalSmiley:
Susan, I am so sorry to hear about your back pain - I hope the acupuncture gives you some relief and the ability to live your life relatively pain free. I know how debilitating back pain can be. I so agree one should not have back surgery until absolutely necessary and a last resort. I have had 6 spinal surgeries, with titanium rods/screws and a cage in my neck. Non of these surgeries helped my now chronic lumbar pain but were necessary to keep my spinal cord free from impingement. I did find a wonderful PT that specializes in Pilates and pain mgmt. This route has been somewhat helpful as long as I keep up with it. My pain med Dr recommended a good book you may want to read. It's a real eye opener. "CROOKED Outwitting the Back Pain Industry and Getting on the Road to Recovery".

I am so jealous! What a wonderful addition to your fluff family! Gucci is so adorable - I agree they do look like they could be brothers :wub::wub:. Their customized outfits are perfect. If they are anything like Abella I'm sure they can sense when you are in pain and snuggle up oh so close and help! Gentle hugs and prayers coming your way. :heart:

"life is good - Life with a Maltese is better!"

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
Dear friend so glad you are back:tender: I haven't been on SM for a few weeks, I have been having back issues and just haven't felt up to talking on my phone or spending time on SM, that is a first for me.
The one thing I have been doing is spending time praying in my prayer room, I can look on my wall at the pictures of so many here and the babies and pray, it's a blessing to see you back, it means God is answering my prayers for you.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Happy New Year to you :wub:

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dear friend so glad you are back:tender: I haven't been on SM for a few weeks, I have been having back issues and just haven't felt up to talking on my phone or spending time on SM, that is a first for me.
The one thing I have been doing is spending time praying in my prayer room, I can look on my wall at the pictures of so many here and the babies and pray, it's a blessing to see you back, it means God is answering my prayers for you.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Happy New Year to you :wub:
Paula, I am so glad to hear from you :wub:. I have been so concerned about you. SM is not the same without your perfectly worded encouraging posts.:tender:

Sometimes we need to "retreat" for awhile :hiding:. I can't think of a better place to retreat than ones prayer room. You are such an example to all of us. :yes:

I am so sorry to read about your back "issues" - I know how painful back problems can be. :crying 2: I am praying you have found relief and the pain has gotten better. Gentle hugs my dear friend. :flowers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts