Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we took Brinkley around town with us and we were out looking at some sheds. A man in a landscaping truck was there and stopped us and said...."that's a maltese..right?" I was SO excited..because he had already been called a poodle twice!!!

We got to talking and he oohed and gooed all over Brink...and told us that he had FOUR maltese. He showed us pictures on his phone...
this manly landscaping man!!! I was so LOVING it! He told me that two of his he got FREE from a local lady that was getting rid of one of her females that she bred. He got her to throw in a cute 8 month old male...he said the female was in bad shape...had only lived in a kennel and they were having to get her adjusted. He said her teeth were really bad and stuff too.

Anyway, the point of my story was running into a "manly-man"...like Joe....
who had pictures of his fluff-butts on his phone! He stood and talked to us for 20-30 minutes about them...I thought it was great!!!

My husband told him that he and I should get together and talk dogs...because we were both obsessed!
Ha.....

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Ha!!! I have yet to meet a man in person who owns a malt let alone FOUR! A lot of guys I know make fun of my 'girly' dog, but by the end of the day, Peanut has melted their heart too!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Hahaha sounds like my Daddy. :lol: He's sooooo in love with Lucy. He'll get on the floor with her and let her lick his face, or go down to the golf course or beach with her and just run around. He also has a claim on all morning walks with her
He looks so cute holding a light pink leash with a bouncy, 3 pound dog next to him. He also has pics on his cell - I'm sure if he saw someone walking with a maltese, he'd whip it out.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Good for the landscaper (and Jessica's dad)!! It's a REAL man that doesn't give a rat's a$$ about how things "look" and can show how they feel without fear of being embarrassed.
One of the things I love about my husband (linebacker shaped guy) is that he doesn't think twice about schlepping my pocketbook around so my hands are free to shop in stores and such. He proudly carries Beastie around in one of those front packs. Ya gotta LOVE guys like this!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Carol Ann@Mar 12 2005, 04:11 PM
Good for the landscaper (and Jessica's dad)!! It's a REAL man that doesn't give a rat's a$$ about how things "look" and can show how they feel without fear of being embarrassed. 
One of the things I love about my husband (linebacker shaped guy) is that he doesn't think twice about schlepping my pocketbook around so my hands are free to shop in stores and such. He proudly carries Beastie around in one of those front packs. Ya gotta LOVE guys like this!! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42607
[/QUOTE]

Yeah...my husband thought he was goofy!!!
He made fun of him!
Mine can be a jerk!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just saw him AGAIN at the grocery store!!! He stopped ME in the chip aisle and talked my HEAD off!!! He said he called his wife immediately after meeting me the first time and told her about us and Brinkley!!
Malt owners everywhere are just as
as us!!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
HAHAHA Small world. Any so called Manly man who thinks maltese are girly dogs dont know what they're missing! PITTY ON THEM!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Mar 12 2005, 04:36 PM
I just saw him AGAIN at the grocery store!!! He stopped ME in the chip aisle and talked my HEAD off!!! He said he called his wife immediately after meeting me the first time and told her about us and Brinkley!!
Malt owners everywhere are just as 
as us!!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42676
[/QUOTE]

Wow, twice in one day! I think you're going to be running into this guy and/or his wife ALL the time now!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Mar 12 2005, 02:41 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Carol Ann
@Mar 12 2005, 04:11 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42607

Yeah...my husband thought he was goofy!!!
He made fun of him!
Mine can be a jerk!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42656
[/B][/QUOTE]

I always love your posts!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Oh this is a fun thread! My husband is a manly mix--he looks very "manly" --and is a classical ballet dancer. He likes opera, classical music, fine wine, a good cigar - and- his Maltese babies! He shows their photos more that I do...and takes them to visit his coworkers and his students! As for dresses and bows--he's already asking if Barkin Dog Clothes has stuff in plaid for Shrek, LOL!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
HAHA, My bf has pictures of them on the computer at work. The guys always make fun of them saying their girly dogs. He gets a lil embarrassed but he doesn't care! LOL

·
Registered
660 Posts
My husband calls Flurry his Dawg, lol. He is so crazy about him. He takes him everywhere and is even getting him a puppy cut in spring. His only objection is to bows on our boy dogs, he doesn't mind the jackets and boy clothes he gets a kick out of them. He evn has Flurry and Sassy on his desk at work. If he had a cell phone that took pictures I know they'd be on it. He has them in his wallet, lol. He even asks me to bring them to work to visit.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I think the absolute BEST is when my bf or my dad takes Peanut for a walk when Peanut is dressed in a sweater or coat!!!! You gotta love it!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
When I first told my husband I wanted a maltese he was like no way. When I found one and we went and visited the breeder he would play and interact with her maltese but he was like "this will be your dog and don't expect me to do anything with her." While now he is just in love with her. He carries his "little girl" around with him. The other day he was in a business meeting and he was text messageing me on my phone messages for his "little girl."

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i think its so cute when men love a froo froo dog
my dad has pics of parker and my parents yorkie in his wallet. he shows everyone. he calls parker his grand dog hehe. he just got into using his pda and had my my put pics of them on there to show ppl. my hubby isnt quite like that, but he does take parker for rides through the drive thru windows heheh. did u tell him about SM? are we going to have a new male member?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Mar 13 2005, 06:29 PM
i think its so cute when men love a froo froo dog
  my dad has pics of parker and my parents yorkie in his wallet.  he shows everyone.  he calls parker his grand dog hehe.  he just got into using his pda and had my my put pics of them on there to show ppl.  my hubby isnt quite like that, but he does take parker for rides through the drive thru windows heheh.  did u tell him about SM?  are we going to have a new male member?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42925
[/QUOTE]

This is more how my hubby is...he talks about him and stuff to others...but not like me of course...
He has to stay "macho" about it...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts