Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Mia now has a new sister--Please meet Brie. She is 14 weeks old and from the same breeder that I adopted Mia from. They are exactly 1 year and 1 day apart. It has been an interesting (and sleepless) week trying to get into a routine with the 2 but loving every minute. They have very different personalities and Mia is very protective over her playyard and won't let Brie sleep with her so I bought Brie a playyard of her own to sleep in. Unfortunately, Brie wants nothing to do with it and cries during the night if she isn't held. For those of you that have more than 1, do they eventually sleep together?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
18,137 Posts
Kitzi wanted nothing to do w/Lisi in the beginning---now they are totally inseparable!! Don't force anything---just be patient & give them time. They will work it out.

Reactions: Rebe617 and Coster

·
Premium Member
LACIE, SUKI & LING LING ❤️❤️❤️
6,028 Posts
Congratulations 🥳 how exciting! Once the routine is down, it will be a piece of cake and you will want another.😉 they are both so beautiful!
Like Sandi said, “don’t force anything“ they will love each other in time. This is Suki giving kisses weeks after Ling Ling came home. They are soul sisters ❤

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Door mat Wood

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
Brie is beautiful! Congratulations on your new family member!

My dogs like to sleep either separately or squished around me. I have a pretty long couch, and it's funny to see three of them spaced out on it, one at each end and one in the middle. But I believe that in their own way, they are very attached to each other. I bet yours will be, too. Sometimes an older dog is not used to puppy behavior, so I agree, don't force it. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congratulations 🥳 how exciting! Once the routine is down, it will be a piece of cake and you will want another.😉 they are both so beautiful!
Like Sandi said, “don’t force anything“ they will love each other in time. This is Suki giving kisses weeks after Ling Ling came home. They are soul sisters ❤

View attachment 276295
Suki and Ling Ling are so beautiful and this is the most adorable picture that you captured. I guess I'm concerned a little about their different personalities as Mia isn't shy and can play rough. Brie is quiet, more timid and has a laid back personalilty. She keeps trying to snuggle next to Mia but hasn't been too successful.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Brie is beautiful! Congratulations on your new family member!

My dogs like to sleep either separately or squished around me. I have a pretty long couch, and it's funny to see three of them spaced out on it, one at each end and one in the middle. But I believe that in their own way, they are very attached to each other. I bet yours will be, too. Sometimes an older dog is not used to puppy behavior, so I agree, don't force it. :)
Thank you. Last night they played together for a while so I am optimistic. Mia is only 1 y/o but has had the run of the house since she was 3 months old and seems a little protective over her toys and space. I am keeping the same routine so Mia doesn't feel some type of way with Brie and giving them both alot of attention. It has truly been a balancing act.

·
Premium Member
LACIE, SUKI & LING LING ❤️❤️❤️
6,028 Posts
Suki and Ling Ling are so beautiful and this is the most adorable picture that you captured. I guess I'm concerned a little about their different personalities as Mia isn't shy and can play rough. Brie is quiet, more timid and has a laid back personalilty. She keeps trying to snuggle next to Mia but hasn't been too successful.
I wouldn’t worry. That is exactly my two personality. Suki is crazy! She is quick on her feet, very silly, and has a huge personality. Ling is very quiet. She is very slow to move, and very little personality compared to Suki.
Their breeder didnt want to put 2 Suki’s together. She thought it would be better balanced and it really was. Maybe not my first pick~ I love Suki’s big personality type of dog but they balance each other out perfectly.
And that’s probably why Lacie pounces on Suki. They both have BIG personalities.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All,
Mia now has a new sister--Please meet Brie. She is 14 weeks old and from the same breeder that I adopted Mia from. They are exactly 1 year and 1 day apart. It has been an interesting (and sleepless) week trying to get into a routine with the 2 but loving every minute. They have very different personalities and Mia is very protective over her playyard and won't let Brie sleep with her so I bought Brie a playyard of her own to sleep in. Unfortunately, Brie wants nothing to do with it and cries during the night if she isn't held. For those of you that have more than 1, do they eventually sleep together?
It will get better, I have 3 and it's all good now. First couple months were stressful, to say the least.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,
Ohhh...that's very sweet!

·
Registered
134 Posts
oh, I am sorry. I thought I left a message.
Congratulations! They are both beautiful! 🧡
I am sure it is easier now!
I had 2 dogs and the bond they had was so strong.
It was beautiful :love:
I hope it is going to be the same for Mia and Brie 🧡

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh, I am sorry. I thought I left a message.
Congratulations! They are both beautiful! 🧡
I am sure it is easier now!
I had 2 dogs and the bond they had was so strong.
It was beautiful :love:
I hope it is going to be the same for Mia and Brie 🧡
Thank you! They were off to a rocky start as Mia seemed protective of her toys but within a few days they were playing. Since Mia is a year older (and 6.5 lbs) she has more strength so needed to keep an eye on them that play didn't get to rough as Brie was half her size. Also, Mia would not let Brie near her playpen at night and Brie is a cuddler so it was a little sad to watch. 3 days ago, Mia allowed Brie to sleep in her during the night and they seem to be better now. I am hoping they will have a strong bond and will be each others best friend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts