Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post the picture of Amber in the harness - it is SO darling, I am so happy that it fits her, she is BEAUTIFUL!

I would post it, but I don't know how to copy and save - :blink:

Hugs,

Allie

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Fank you Auntie Allie

Here's Amber's piccie in her special ,precious gift from Auntie Allie. Amber says thank you so much,she knows how hard it was to part with the harness and leash but she said
" I pwomice to always wemember how special dis hawness and weash is". "Fank you Auntie Allie".:wub::wub::wub:

Bunches of kissies and hugs,Amber:heart::heart::heart::smootch::smootch::smootch:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Awww, I see so much of my sweet Emily in her - those eyes, tell it all.

Thanks so much,made me tear up to see that. She's pretty special. We got our Malts just before we lost Amy and we couldn't bring ourselves to get another cocker...afraid Amy would feel replaced. Six months later we saw Amber,8 weeks old,full of worms,underweight and nearly bald from malnutrition,we saw those eyes...we were gonners. This is her a month later,about 12 weeks...one of my favourite piccies of her.
My Widdle Twiddle Butt.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMGoodness, that is the SWEETEST picture ever, what a doll - oh, how I love cockers -

Thank G-d that you have her - she is so lucky to have you as a mom! I read as much as I could "handle" of your grandbaby missing - I can sense the HUGE heart that you have for fluffs - you're amazing.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
She's safe in the shlter and we're making rrangements for her to be shipped home. Jason got a load,to get out of Washington State,after turning down 3 so far that couldn't get him back to Montana.So I told him,take what you can get and I've been talking to the rescue lady to get her home.
She does rescue and arranges transport for the dogs and cats she rescues so we're going to get her home. It's going to be a hpaay ending yet!

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Amber is so beautiful. I love cockers. As a child, my first dog was a cocker.

The harness and leash are very special. How kind and sweet of Allie.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Amber is so beautiful. I love cockers. As a child, my first dog was a cocker.

The harness and leash are very special. How kind and sweet of Allie.
Cockers have a special place in our hearts too,they were our first dog choice when we got married. Al's mom always wanted a Cocker but Al's dad wasn't a "dog in the house" ,kind of person.
We've had Cockers and other dogs too.
For us it's Cockers and Malts

It is special to me and Amber. It's beyond kind of her.

I know how hard it is to let go of things that belonged to fluffs at the bridge. I have squeakies that were Amy's that are on a shelf,too special to let any one play with.

They still have her slobbers on them.
Her favourite pillow still has some of her little black fuzzes on it.

I am tearing up just typing about her,it's been almost 7 years and it still feels like yesterday.

It takes a special person to do what Allie did,truly special.

Hugs!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Amber's so beautiful Michelle and I'm happy that it looks like she's feeling better. I love the harness and leash on her. :thumbsup: Allie - you have THE biggest heart. :wub::wub:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
She is beautiful..I too love cocker spaniels.... Its their eyses... and they give such good kisses.

It's funny Malts give these delicate little butterfly kissies and cockers give these long ,intense kissies and just put their whole face into it.
different kissie styles all together. I also love that cockers have their own little musty doggie smell,my malts have virtually no scent..

Yeah,I'm weird,I love to smell my fluffs.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
It's funny Malts give these delicate little butterfly kissies and cockers give these long ,intense kissies and just put their whole face into it.
different kissie styles all together. I also love that cockers have their own little musty doggie smell,my malts have virtually no scent..

Yeah,I'm weird,I love to smell my fluffs.
I'm with you my friend. I just love me a Reginald kiss. I don't get them like I used to since he is 16 but once in a while I get me a Mr. Stinky Kiss. As he has gotten older he sometimes has a fowl smell and is a nickname my dh game him. My boy has the biggest paw and yes I just love to smell them. I call him my big teddy bear. With his paws you would think he is a little cub bear. I always call him my little cub bear.:wub:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Reginald reminds me of my Buster,he was black w/ that destinguished grey too,just like Amy was. Buster had that stinky breath too,but he has the biggest eyes and long eyelashes. does he just love to be held or lay down on the floor between your knoees and gaze up at you? All my cockers do that,while th emalts want to be held...

Just something about cockers,they just melt your heart. I think cockers and malts make good foils. Amber is so funny,when someone comes to the door or daddy comes home, the malts are on the attack and Amber hides behind me..."I'll cover you from the rear". it's so funny.
Amber hardly barks and she has a quiet laid back way about her,while the malts are more wound up. It's just adorable to see them together.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Reginald reminds me of my Buster,he was black w/ that destinguished grey too,just like Amy was. Buster had that stinky breath too,but he has the biggest eyes and long eyelashes. does he just love to be held or lay down on the floor between your knoees and gaze up at you? All my cockers do that,while th emalts want to be held...

Just something about cockers,they just melt your heart. I think cockers and malts make good foils. Amber is so funny,when someone comes to the door or daddy comes home, the malts are on the attack and Amber hides behind me..."I'll cover you from the rear". it's so funny.
Amber hardly barks and she has a quiet laid back way about her,while the malts are more wound up. It's just adorable to see them together.
When he was younger. He used to sleep with us, of course he would be on the DH side. When he would try to get in bed Reginald would growl at him, made my DH mad. :HistericalSmiley: What he does now especially when I get home from work is seeks me out by my scent. When I go upstairs to get changed he sit at the bottom of the staircase and barks until I come down. If I take the others for a walk he is right at the door waiting for us to return. In ways it saddens me.:blush: When I go to bed for night he is fine. I can not come down in the middle of the night, once he gets my scent he wants me to stay with him. Right now he is sitting in front of the pantry waiting for his treats :blink:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
All 5 sleep w/ us,hence the king sized bed...If we get any more dogs,we'll need a custom made bed... That or just cover the flor w/ mattresses!

Bitsy gets a little possesive about the bed once in a while ,gets a little grumbly but I remind her it's my bed. She only does it once in a blue moon and usually when you move her once she's in a comfortable spot.

It's hard when they get older,knowing that time is short.It's precious time though.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh, I love your cocker spaniel, she is gorgeous and I love her harness!!! That is so sweet of Allie!!! I had a blond cocker spaniel for 14 years and I loved Snooks so much. It broke my heart when he passed away of cancer. They are a very special breed of dogs.............:wub:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts