Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edited: I Wanna shorten the post to make it go straight forward to the point

I got a new lens. For a lens like the one I got, teeny tiny subjects are perfect for it. I mean, that is its purpose! That is what it was manufactured to do.

The day is over but I ended up with only pictures of one subject.

I know that maltese are small dogs, but they aren't Micro sized subjects, but he was good at distracting!

I used the lens for a complete different purpose. I guess that it isn't bad after all because this only proves that it works well for non Micro subjects.

Here they are....

the eye of a maltese

The nose of a maltese

The maltese himself...rocking a modeling pose

An expert at smiling

When the natural sun hits his eyes, the color changes slightly to these.

For that boy ^ I turned my attention away from the micro subjects immediately to face him.

Can't wait to snap real better photos tomorrow of real micro subjects :chili: hopefully no distractions tomorrow.

wishing all a wonderful weekend.

Kat

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Love, love, love the nose!! :wub:

Big HUGz! Jules

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Kat - I think you found the perfect micro subject -- micro cute. Wow it's amazing to see the detail in the eye and the nose. I know you're going to love that lens out in the garden with bugs and flowers, etc. Love Snowy's smile and that sad little pose. :wub::wub: I don't blame your family for asking your to be their photographer. They have a pro right in the family:) why go outside? :HistericalSmiley: Enjoy the lens and looking forward to more pix.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Yepper love that nose shot and the close up modeling pose. Isn't micro fun? I have to get some close up fliters for my new camera for some micro shots. I have some for my other camera and I can get piccies of hairs on a flie's leg.

One the eye shot,you can see your reflection in his eyes,so cute.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
LOVE all these photos esp. the little nose one where you can see a bit of his eye. Snowy has beautiful eyes and I love the color of them. Hey, can we almost see you in his eyes ;-) This is why I need to get a better camera - I would love to take photos like these of Aolani.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I love the pics they are very good I just love black and white. Good job Kat. You have just inspired me...

·
Premium Member
16,777 Posts
Kat, those are really great photos! You are one of the best photographers I know, and your subjects are simply perfect!

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
How neat Kat. I see you are using the 105 VR??? Nice lens. Lots of fun. :biggrin: and great subjects. Fisheye would make some interesting Maltie shots too ;)

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Guys, I am so happy with this lens :chili: I got lots of photos of some flowers and insects this morning :D just need to be transferred and resized which I will do once I get the time to go through them all, but from the playback view of the photos through my camera, I can tell that the lens is BRILLIANT!!!!!

I am off to a little adventure in few minutes with some friends. I will bring this lens along with my other prime lens. You never know what subjects we can find in the way.

I don't blame your family for asking your to be their photographer. They have a pro right in the family:) why go outside? :HistericalSmiley:
Sue, I think it is the Nikon and my addiction to using it :HistericalSmiley:

it sure was a nice time spent with them. My brother took my nikon to snap a group picture of me with the family for a couple of shots. We all sat there: "1, 2, 3....SMILE" *click* !!! that was one of the best photos in the view that everyone had a pose that he/she was happy with...no blinking eyes or anything...BUT each one was missing a forehead and the tip of the head :LOL: I looked at the photo and was like :w00t: then at the family's face expressions : PRICELESS!!!! We had to use the self timer for few more pictures of all of us!
Gotta love that boy :wub: I'm there to teach him anytime he shows an interest in picture taking and framing an image before snapping it. At the moment, it is in his least interest. He is more into playing games, toys, soccer...etc I guess there is still hope ^_^

My mum decided to frame that picture ;)

oh wow .. u should frame all of these .. i love it !
I sure should add them to the collection of framed photos in the room ;)

Yepper love that nose shot and the close up modeling pose. Isn't micro fun? I have to get some close up fliters for my new camera for some micro shots. I have some for my other camera and I can get piccies of hairs on a flie's leg.
Micro is soo much fun ^_^ I don't have close up filters for it.

One the eye shot,you can see your reflection in his eyes,so cute.
Hey, can we almost see you in his eyes ;-)
haha the crazy camera lady through the eyes of a maltese; I wonder if he ever gets bored of seeing me all the time :HistericalSmiley: yesterday though, it was him who distracted me while I was trying to locate little insects.

I see reflection in the eyes is more clear for sceneries. In this shot for example, you can see the reflection of the sky much clearer than mine. Which makes me think of the next photo idea :D I would love to have a picture of a maltese eye with the reflection of the ocean/beach :wub: I gotta try that when I take them to the beach one day ^_^

Snowy has beautiful eyes and I love the color of them.
awwh his eyes are brown, but in the sun, they go light brown :wub: I love them too, especially because they look expressive and alert sometimes - which does speak about his personality. My princess, Crystal, eyes are black always sweet, warm, tender looking :wub: can't help it but love them both.

You have just inspired me...
I'm sure happy that I did :thumbsup: it is so much fun

Kat, those are really great photos! You are one of the best photographers I know, and your subjects are simply perfect!
awwh sweet Linda, it is my Nikon ^_^

Awesome shots Kat!!! I'm almost as jealous of your new micro lens as I am of your gorgeous subjects!!
I don't mind lending the lens, but the subjects? goodness, I don't know how will my life be without them:wub::wub:

How neat Kat. I see you are using the 105 VR??? Nice lens. Lots of fun. :biggrin: and great subjects. Fisheye would make some interesting Maltie shots too ;)
yes because that is my new lens :chili:

It is funny that you mentioned fisheye because I was between this lens and that one. There were 2 models of fisheye available at the store, but the one that I was looking for was out of stock, so I went for this one (which was also in my list of lens I planned to get).. One day I will get that model that I I've been eying :D by time, the'll bring it back to the store and I will be better at affording it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts