Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been threads about the risks versus rewards of microchips in the past. I personally have my dogs chipped and will continue to do so.

Stories like this one are part of the reason why:

Stolen Dog Reunites With Owners Thanks To Microchip Technology

Also, at the end of the video they state that many pets were reunited with owners after Katrina due to micro-chipping. My dogs are rarely far from my side. They are never alone outside. It might take a natural disaster or a criminal home invasion to ever separate me from my dogs. But I am glad to know that they have this permanent form of ID just in case of the worst case scenario.

·
Super Moderator
10,174 Posts
There was also a story here in Chicago a few days ago about a cat who wandered here from somewhere out west (NM? AZ?) and because of the chip is being reunited with his owner.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Always like reading about happy endings! Thanks for sharing!:aktion033:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Anyone who thinks they could never get separated from their pet is in denial. Natural disasters, groomer, vet hospital mix ups, and all sorts of theft occur everyday.

If you are against micro chipping please consider tatooing. Permanent identification may be the only way a person can link you to your dog or if there is an argument you can prove ownership.

And just for your information, all military bases require that families have all pets microchipped. Some counties offer the service for very reasonable rates. My county ( Marion in FL) offers microchipping for $5 and then AVID charges an additional $18 to be added to a National Permanent Database.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts