Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use these microderm abrasion kits at home?
I did one tonight at a Mary Kay party and it felt SO good!
But, the Mary Kay is 55 dollars a set! :eek:

If you use them, what brand-and how much do they cost?
I know getting a REAL one done is expensive...but I am a CHEAPO! I don't spend that kind of money on myself.
But it made my face feel SO smooth and soft!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I got one from Beauty Control. A friend had a party and supposedly their gel or crystals or whatever, are cut into some special shapes that are best for skin (home use of course). It was rated in some magazine as one of the top systems for home. I can't remember the gimmick but at any rate, its a rotating brush thingy and special cream and I think it was a little more than 50 but not much. I want to say the cream is 50 and the brush is the inexpensive part, maybe 10$. It does make your skin feel good but I got the thing and have used it once in probably a year since I got it. I ALWAYS do that though (buy stuff and put it in a closet to never see again)... If you think you will use it that one was pretty nice. I'd read up if its *really* good for your skin though. I am so undecided on scraping my face up if you know what I mean.

good luck

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I've used DermaNew, the new Mary Kay one and some of the cheapo drugstore ones. The DermaNew and MK ones are about the same price but the Mary Kay one is way way better. The DermaNew one is really abrasive and if I scrubbed too hard it would break me out the next day. The MK one is a lot gentler but gives me much smoother and softer skin than the DermaNew. I also like that you can just buy the creams, it doesn't require special tools or anything like the DermaNew one. I've noticed that most Microderm stuff is up in the $50 range, at least the good stuff is. The cheaper drugstore brand ones are barely worth the little bit that you pay for them.. they are either too harsh or don't do any kind of scrubbing. I think in the long run the cost isn't too bad because you really don't use a lot of it because they are pretty powerful scrubbers so you can get a LOT of usage out of one tube of the stuff. I've had my one tube of DermaNew for over a year and I was using it a couple of times a month and I still have a ton left. I just got the MK one but I don't use a ton of it either so I think it will last a good long time too. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
My mom just got the Neutrogena kit from CVS. I think it's on sale this week and she had a coupon, so it was about $30. She hasn't had a chance tp try it yet though. I used a similar one from Target...the crystal things in the cream were a little tooo rough for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts

I sell Mary Kay! And I LOVE the new microdermabrasion!!!!!! It comes in a cute little package and it ROCKS!! Also, they compared it to L'Oreal and their product was sticky, and also meant to be applied in the AM.. whereas MK is anytime. I included a link to my MK webpage for some reading on the product and if anyone is interested in making a purchase. I always give free gifts over $40!!! Feel free to email or message me if you have any other questions!

My Mary Kay Webpage: Microdermabrasion

Here are some Q & A on the product:

Retail: $55 for Set (Step I $30 and Step II $25)

Immediately fight fine lines, refine pores, achieve beautifully smooth skin with the 2-Step TimeWise MICRODERMABRASION Set.

Our TimeWise Miracle Set sets the stage for the Microderm Products to be immediately effective.

A. Immediate Results! Reduces fine lines, smoothes skin, refines pores. This is a process that you could only get at a Dermatologist. Company has seen the highest results EVER on any product tested because you don't have to wait 2 weeks or 4 weeks, results:IT IS IMMEDIATE

Works with all skin types, even Sensitive

You control the amount of refining you desire by how long you massage Step I into your skin.

Q. What's It Made Of?

A. Step I (Refine) is made of Aluminum Oxide Crystals (Exactly like Dermatologists use in their office)

Step II (Replenish) is a Serum that nourishes with vitamins, anti- oxidants, and anti-irritants.

Q. How Often Can you Use?

A. 1, 2 or 3 times a week

A. Cleanse, then apply Step I (Refine); Remove; Apply Step II; then follow with Day or Night Solution; Moisturizer; and so on

Step II (Replenish) is UNIQUE in that NO OTHER COSMETIC line on the market has this step. Unique because it soothes and smoothes and softens after the Refine Treatment of Step I.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts