Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our little Miko was completely potty trained :D (could hold it all day until we got home, and from bedtime until morning) until we got him neutered on May 24. Ever since then, it doesn't seem like he can hold himself as long. During the day, he goes pee on the puppy pad we have for him and at nighttime, he's usually up once to go pee (guess we were spoiled when he was sleeping all night!!!)

Is this something that will pass once he's completely healed, or is this something we're gonna have to live with now?????
Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I agree a vet check could be in order but then two pees a day is not really a lot and it would be better for him to pee a little more often than not enough. Scooby pees first thing in the morning, lunch time, tea time and before bed. To me that would be normal and better for him than holding all day then all night again. It doesn't sound as though Miko is peeing excessively, it just could be that his routine needs to adjust after his surgery. As long as he is using his pee pad I wouldn't be too worried, Scooby peed on the carpet after his surgery a couple of times till he got over it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Our little Miko was completely potty trained :D (could hold it all day until we got home, and from bedtime until morning) until we got him neutered on May 24. Ever since then, it doesn't seem like he can hold himself as long. During the day, he goes pee on the puppy pad we have for him and at nighttime, he's usually up once to go pee (guess we were spoiled when he was sleeping all night!!!)

Is this something that will pass once he's completely healed, or is this something we're gonna have to live with now?????
Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=72525
[/quote

I hope Miko is doing better now. I don't know if it is normal or not, but the exact same thing happened to Bailey when we had him neutered. It seemed as if he regressed with his potty training. I was so worried that I had his urine checked to see if he had a UTI... but thank goodness he did not.
This behavior went on for about 3 weeks after his surgery, but now I am happy to say that he is back to his old self and completely potty trained again. I hope to hear from you again and let us know how Miko is doing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts