Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

41 - 60 of 265 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,000 Posts
I just got on SM, soooo sorry to hear about Miko. It got goose bumps as I read your post. I am so sorry this happened to you and Miko. Heres a big hug, I will be praying for you and Miko. I know how upset you must be, try and relax and rest tonight soon you will beable to hold him. I will pray for you.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I'm so sorry that this happened to Miko and you. I hope he continues to improve.

One of my fosters attacked another one here, after four months of good behavior. I had been told she was "sweet as could be". Then, she attacked me while I was trying to get the other dog (Lab) loaded to go to the vet. I gave her a couple more weeks, but she began to attack anything I had in my arms. I was so afraid that she would grab one of my Maltese from me that I took her and had her put to sleep. As sad as it is to do this, I would think this might be the best option for this dog, and for others involved.

I'll be checking SM often tonight for updates on your baby.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Olga, I am so sorry that Miko is hurt but I am glad that he is showing improvement. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. I will be looking forward to hearing that he is on his way to a full recovery. Julia

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
OMG!! I just got home and read this and I am in shock. What a horrible thing to happen. I can just imagine little Miko enjoying his walk and then the next moment being attacked. Like someone else said......it's a maltese owners worst nightmare. I am glad to know he is doing better. I am sorry. I know it must be he-- knowing he can't be with you tonight.
many hugs go out to you and Miko.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just skimmed through this... I'm terribly sorry this happened to you! But I'm very relieved to hear that he is doing ok! Codi and I are sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers to speed up the recovery!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
You are not a terrible person. It's not your fault. I hope Miko will continue to improve. I think too that this dog should be reported.

·
Registered
408 Posts
After reading your story I am sure we are all putting ourselves in your shoes. There was no way you could have seen that coming. I think about the few times I have taken Vinny out for a walk and a strange dog has approached us. I can feel your guilt, please be strong, our thought are with you and Miko.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Glad there is improvement and that he is stable.

I also agree that you should check with the shelter.
This reminds me of an Animal Cops episode with a yorkie and a pit bull that did not end so well. Seems like that dog had attacked before.
When Miko is ok (because I KNOW he will be!
)...it would sure be awful if this happened to another dog and it wasn't as lucky.

I really hate it for everyone involved but of course I am reeling knowing it was an SM friend on the receiving end. I know the owner of the other dog must feel horrible if she trusted the word of the animal shelter..and the animal shelter trainer must feel awful if he felt like the behavior was "fixed". Can aggressive behavior to that extent EVER be completely fixed? What was his basis for knowing it was fixed?
Anyway, just wondering out loud about some things.

Mostly I am thinking about and praying for ya'll and Miko.
I can't imagine the pain you must be in...

Big hugs

Keep us posted...

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
OMG!!!! Poor baby and poor you!

Be sure that we will have Miko in our prayers, you are not alone. I really hope that he recovers fast.

·
Registered
251 Posts
OMG!! I am crying now after reading your post. This is so horrible and sad. I am so sorry for you, your husband, and definitely Miko. He is definitely in my prayers and I know that he will make it okay.

I don't know why they would certify German Shepards as okay to be unleashed. They are very dangerous and will kill anything small that they see.

Btw, you are not a horrible person. Why would you be in the first place? You have done the best you could. We are definitely all here for you, okay?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
how awful to happen to "one of our own"... please know prayers are on their way to you from cleveland.

ann marie and the buttercup, who wants miko to recover faster than light

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
I just want you to know that I have prayed and thought about Miko all night long!

I'd also like to add my two cents worth...It just seems fishy to me that a shelter would tell this girl that it is okay to let the dog off leash. To me, it seems that the shelter is looking for a lawsuit, therefore, I have a hard time believing it. Like I said before, double check with the shelter. If it is true, I hope that girl got that in writing because at this point it is all hearsay.

Toby and I send many, many hugs to Miko.

·
Registered
751 Posts
It made me sick to my stomach to read about poor little Miko. One thing for sure it that you did nothing wrong. What happend to Miko makes us all realize how quick something bad can happen to our precious little ones. Not only to our Malts but to our skin kids.

I will be thinking of you and Miko

P

·
0 Posts
I'm so sorry you and Miko are going through this. I can't imagine the terror you must have gone through. I'm so glad little Miko is doing better. My thoughts and prayers will be with all of you.

41 - 60 of 265 Posts