Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so Milo loves most people and is very good but I have one friend that he just goes crazy when he see's her - he won't stop barking at her :(

He has never had a bad experience with her so I don't know what it could be.
It happened the very 1st time he met her when he was 6 months and every time since them!

Any idea's on why he does this?

And also how to stop it?

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
I have a neighbor that is also my friend its her tone that Baci cant stand she yelled at him once for barking at her and that was it every time she comes over not only does he bark he does the up up so i have to hold him..:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Have you tried getting her to come in with treats for milo?
Or does she stare at him? Get her to walk in and ignore him completely.

Just some ideas from shows I've watched!

:)

·
Registered
756 Posts
While we tend to place everything in a "fixable" category, and focus on problem solution, I can't help but feel when something or someone is singled out like this, there is an issue other than the dog.

But since we need that fixable category, I would tend to agree on both counts, but maybe combined. I would "try" ignorng Milo (you and your friend), but make sure your friend has treats that Milo can smell. OR, maybe even a favorite toy.

Let Milo approach her, and let her be "the giver of treats" for that time, and see what happens. Maybe even place a treat or 2 sort of close to her to start.

Now, Zippy is a determined little "being", so this isn't something that would work quickly with her, but it might with Milo.

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He will take treats from her but he won't approach her.

Even if we're at a show and I'm walking around with him in my arms if he see's her (she shows aswell - different breed) he goes crazy!

The first time he met her was when she was with one of her dogs so I thought he just didn't like the dog but he met the dog at ringcraft class with someone eles handling her and he wanted to play!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts