Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's been sleeping in his bed all day and won't play with his toys and come over when I call him - which is so unlike him as he usually never stops running around the house! :(

He looks so sad :(

I will see how he is tomorrow and if he's still the same he's going to the vet.

Good thing is that he did eat all of his breakfast and his dinner and is drinking water!

This ever happen to anyone else' maltese?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Poor lil bugaboo.... sorry you're not feeling well, Milo but hope you are feeling much better SOON!!!

I wonder if he got into something and ate something that made him feel sick? Sometimes ours get like that after eating too much garden greenery, etc... can you hear if his tummy is gurgling (the give away)?

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
Orla, I am sorry to hear about Milo---I know it concerns you. I am glad you can get in to the vet so quickly w/him. Some things have to develop so just keep a close watch out. I will remember him in my prayers---and you.
hugs

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Eileen.

I don't think he has eaten anything he shouldn't have - but knowing Milo he may have managed to find something!

ETA - Thanks Sandi!

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Oh, poor Milo. I sure hope he's okay. In the winter I find Aolani sometimes just chills and doesn't seem to want to play much but does eat and drink so maybe Milo just needs a day. Perhaps he's trying to enjoy his retirment? I don't mean to make fun of the situation. I do hope that he is fine. Please keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, poor Milo. I sure hope he's okay. In the winter I find Aolani sometimes just chills and doesn't seem to want to play much but does eat and drink so maybe Milo just needs a day. Perhaps he's trying to enjoy his retirment? I don't mean to make fun of the situation. I do hope that he is fine. Please keep us posted.
I'm sure he is okay - he's just worrying me a little :blush:

I would love if he was just enjoying his retirement! hehe!

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Orla -- I'm so sorry that little Milo isn't feeling his best. I think that just like humans, fluffs sometimes just have "off" days and can't really explain why they don't feel their best. Sending prayers that it's nothing serious and that he's back to being his happy, playful self by tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
When my doglets are acting out of sorts, I lay my ear right on top of their tummies and see if I hear gurgling (cuz if they've eaten something they shouldn't have it's usually when I don't see it)...if so, I will give them Pepto (although many suggest pepcid here). I usually fixes them back to right in no time. I hope it's nothing serious...please keep us posted...

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Orla -- I'm so sorry that little Milo isn't feeling his best. I think that just like humans, fluffs sometimes just have "off" days and can't really explain why they don't feel their best. Sending prayers that it's nothing serious and that he's back to being his happy, playful self by tomorrow. :)
Thanks Lynn!

When my doglets are acting out of sorts, I lay my ear right on top of their tummies and see if I hear gurgling (cuz if they've eaten something they shouldn't have it's usually when I don't see it)...if so, I will give them Pepto (although many suggest pepcid here). I usually fixes them back to right in no time. I hope it's nothing serious...please keep us posted...
I listened to his tummy and couldn't hear anything so don't think he has eaten anything bad, but thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Orla, yes Max has those days and he is an indoor dog..but do watch out. Yes check for the gurgles..is he peeing and pooping okay?

Give Milo kisses from me and Max. He is just such a wonderful dog..our boys are just so special...xxoo prayers and good those...keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Orla, yes Max has those days and he is an indoor dog..but do watch out. Yes check for the gurgles..is he peeing and pooping okay?

Give Milo kisses from me and Max. He is just such a wonderful dog..our boys are just so special...xxoo prayers and good those...keep us posted.
ah, good to hear that other malts have had these days.
Yep, he is peeing and pooping normal!

Gave Milo a big kiss from you and Max!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh no poor Milo! i hope he can get a good night's sleep and feel better in the morning. :(

Let us know!!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Oh Orla, I hope little Milo is feeling better tomorrow. Poor baby, maybe he just had a rough day Christmas shopping? Don't mean to make light of it either, just think you need some cheering up. Hugs for you.:hugging:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
He might just have a little tummy trouble,try a little rice and boiled chicken and see if he eats. It's gentle to their systems. sometimes mine get that way,I'm sure they get into things I don't see,hard to keep an eye on 5 fluff at once,even if they're onleash to potty. They're always sniffing and licking something...

Hope Milo feels better soon.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
I'm sorry that Milo isn't feeling well, Orla. Tyler's had those days. Sometimes he doesn't even want to eat and then the next day he's as right as rain. (what's that saying mean?) Anyway, sometimes it comes after a busy day either out and about or with a lot of company. Other times, it's just because...of nothing:) Hope Milo feels better tomorrow or sooner.:grouphug:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
:grouphug: hope Milo feels better soon! Yeager sleeps way more on some days than others, I guess puppies feel under the weather too!

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Milo, I'm sorry you're not feeling up to par. Hope your tail is up and waggin' soon! :chili::chili:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts