Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Milo had his last show today.
He got BOB - didn't get anywhere in the group but I am delighted with him as I thought he may get BOS but not BOB!

I have shown him for exactly 12 months!

Some of the highlights(mix of open and ch shows):

1 X puppy group 1 (his first show)
3 X puppy group 2
1 X puppy group 4

3 X Junior group 1
1 X Junior group 2

1 X adult group 2 (last week!!)
1 X adult group 3

1 X reserve best Junior in show

1 X reserve green star (winners dog - as the green star winner was a irish and international champion)

Best Junior dog at maltese club of Ireland at 12 months old (qualifying him for Crufts 2011)

7 X BOB

64 Rosettes, 2 plaques, 2 trophies.

1 title

He is getting a hair cut soon - but I am taking pics of him with his rosettes etc this week.

I know he's not a Champion or anything but its really hard here as Ch's still challenge for "points" and usually, they get them, also Milo is barely old enough as they must be 15 months old to be a Ch. - but I am so happy with how Milo and I got on over the past year - as I bought him as a pet and decided to show him just for me to pick up the basics of showing and keeping a maltese in coat.

I don't think I will be getting another maltese in the near future - but the next one I get, whenever that will be - will be a show dog - I've caught the show bug! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,980 Posts
Congratulations Milo & Orla!
I know you are very proud of him and you should be---so happy for you both!
I look forward to following you w/the new dog---whenever he comes!
If I come to Ireland one day we will have to meet you both.
hugs

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very impressive! Way to go Orla and Milo! :cheer:
Thanks Marj!! He wore one of your bows today!

Congratulations Milo & Orla!
I know you are very proud of him and you should be---so happy for you both!
I look forward to following you w/the new dog---whenever he comes!
If I come to Ireland one day we will have to meet you both.
hugs
Thanks!
If you ever visit Ireland you have to come and meet us!
The next malt will be a girl - I was offered a boy recently - he was my dream dog - just that he was a boy :(

Congratulations Orla and Milo you two have done an amazing job!
Thanks Debbie! :)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
That's so impressive...WOW!!!!! Sounds like you've not only had a great time, but learned a lot! Our Irish SM team make us PROUD!!! :) *mad clapping* :)

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Orla, you should be so proud of yourself ... the rest of us are for sure. For the life of me, I do NOT understand the show system in the U.K. What is the reasoning behind allowing a special to take points, thus preventing everybody else from finishing a their dogs? That has got to be so frustrating for anyone in a breed where you are up against well-known breeders and/or handlers who enter their special at every show.

I've been following Milo's show career as it's been a walk down memory lane. I had always had rescue dogs and decided to JUST ONCE buy a well-bred PET Maltese from an ethical breeder. Against my better judgment, or so I thought at the time, I ended up showing him. And got bitten by the show bug. I waited more than two years after he finished before getting a nice bitch. And here I am today ... :wacko1:

So, congratulations to you Orla and to Milo! And a little bit of advice ... FOLLOW YOUR DREAM. :yes:

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's so impressive...WOW!!!!! Sounds like you've not only had a great time, but learned a lot! Our Irish SM team make us PROUD!!! :) *mad clapping* :)
thank you!

Orla, you should be so proud of yourself ... the rest of us are for sure. For the life of me, I do NOT understand the show system in the U.K. What is the reasoning behind allowing a special to take points, thus preventing everybody else from finishing a their dogs? That has got to be so frustrating for anyone in a breed where you are up against well-known breeders and/or handlers who enter their special at every show.

I've been following Milo's show career as it's been a walk down memory lane. I had always had rescue dogs and decided to JUST ONCE buy a well-bred PET Maltese from an ethical breeder. Against my better judgment, or so I thought at the time, I ended up showing him. And got bitten by the show bug. I waited more than two years after he finished before getting a nice bitch. And here I am today ... :wacko1:

So, congratulations to you Orla and to Milo! And a little bit of advice ... FOLLOW YOUR DREAM. :yes:
Thanks Mary!

I am in Ireland - but the UK have pretty much the same system.
I think it is stupid allowing champions to challenge for points but its looking like that won't change soon :(

I think once I am finished my degree - there will be no stopping me - I really want to get into showing full time!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
So proud of you

Orla, you know i am so proud of both you and Milo!!!

I know when you get your girl there will be no stopping you & hearing all about it all along the way!!

hugs to you & Milo xx

·
Registered
2,854 Posts

It is very frustrating, sometimes i wonder why i do it, same dogs win all the time! Only 1 new male dog was made a CH in 2009 & i think only one this year also so far! The bitches are not that far ahead either!

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Orla, you know i am so proud of both you and Milo!!!

I know when you get your girl there will be no stopping you & hearing all about it all along the way!!

hugs to you & Milo xx
Thanks Elaine - for giving me such a special boy!!
He is so perfect to me - he has taught me so much about grooming maltese and has let me learn all about handling/showing.

He's fast asleep beside me now :wub:

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is very frustrating, sometimes i wonder why i do it, same dogs win all the time! Only 1 new male dog was made a CH in 2009 & i think only one this year also so far! The bitches are not that far ahead either!
Same here - only 1 dog finished last year and 1 this year.
I don't think any bitches were finished this year - but there aren't many being shown.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Well done Orla!! :aktion033::aktion033: I am so proud of you!! I already miss the show ring, and I only did it for like 6 months!!!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Congratulations Orla and Milo!!! You both did a wonderful job. I can't wait to see pic of his new hair cut. I look forward to seeing what breed you end up showing next.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well done Orla!! :aktion033::aktion033: I am so proud of you!! I already miss the show ring, and I only did it for like 6 months!!!
Thanks Pat!
It gets kinda addictive, doesn't it!?

Since I don't have to mind his coat anymore, I tried on one of the shirts you sent - looks a little funny with his big coat but expect pics of a short haired Milo wearing Tink's clothes in the next 2 weeks!:chili:

Oh, Orla, Congrats!! :chili:
Live the dream, my friend. I'm so excited for you.

Lovies,

Deb
Thanks Deb!

Congratulations Orla and Milo!!! You both did a wonderful job. I can't wait to see pic of his new hair cut. I look forward to seeing what breed you end up showing next.
Thanks!

I will probably stick with maltese, they are pretty great! :D

I like 2 other breeds that I could get (papillon and bichon) but I think I prefer malts:innocent:

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Congrats. Milo is beautiful, I know your so proud of him.
Gosh I can't wait to see him with a haircut and clothes, it's really going to be different

1 - 20 of 29 Posts