Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
Originally posted by milo@Apr 19 2005, 07:44 PM
Ok.... I called the vet and he didn't seem to be very concerned. (one more reason to change vets) The best appointment I could get was for tomorrow.

Milo still isn't eating much, so I'm picking up some Nutri-Cal on my way home from the office. I was unaware dogs could have Hypoglycaemia... I'll ask the vet about it.

Not much more to report today other than that. So thank you all very much for your advise and support. It really helps. Milo is our first puppy, so we would have no clue without you.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54284
[/QUOTE]

Hi, gosh I can't imagine why your breeder did not tell you about hypoglycemia....not all dogs get hypoglycemia... it is mainly small dogs such as Yorkies and Maltese. I sure hope Milo gets better soon..... I worry about him, too.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Looks like Milo's on the road to recovery.
He went to the Vet yesterday, and all seems well. He seems to think Milo was just reacting to the worm medication because he is so small. (At 16 weeks he's still only 2 pounds) The Vet did say that he is a little skinny, so we've added some yummy canned puppy food into the mix. He seems to really like it. He ate a big dinner last night and a big breakfast this morning.

My husband took him for a walk this morning and said he ran around lots and had a blast, so It seems like he's back to his normal self.

Thank you once again for all your helpful advise and for all your kind and encouraging thoughts. I really appreciate it.

· Registered
749 Posts
Originally posted by milo@Apr 21 2005, 11:59 AM
Looks like Milo's on the road to recovery. 
He went to the Vet yesterday, and all seems well. He seems to think Milo was just reacting to the worm medication because he is so small. (At 16 weeks he's still only 2 pounds) The Vet did say that he is a little skinny, so we've added some yummy canned puppy food into the mix. He seems to really like it. He ate a big dinner last night and a big breakfast this morning.

My husband took him for a walk this morning and said he ran around lots and had a blast, so It seems like he's back to his normal self.

Thank you once again for all your helpful advise and for all your kind and encouraging thoughts. I really appreciate it. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54947
[/QUOTE]

Awww, that's great!!! So glad to hear that!!!!!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.