Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is the funniest thing. No puppy that I have ever owned liked a mirror. I used to joke that Holli was just too upset to see that she wasnt really a "people" after all (like her mommy). She would always turn away if I would put her up to a mirror.

Phoebe however, LOVES the mirror. I think she thinks its another puppy and wants to play with it! She tries to get into this one spare room every chance she gets with the floor length mirror. At first she was leary of it, and would slowly sneak up on it. Now she bows and wiggles and sometimes barks when she gets to it! She could probably spend hours in there. way too cute!

I'm afraid what she really wants is a puppy

So, are your puppies afraid or upset, brave like mine or indifferent? Just curious!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Holliberry@Mar 15 2005, 04:50 PM
I'm afraid what she really wants is a puppy

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43610
[/QUOTE]

Tini used to play with the mirror, but I the one I had standing up is higher now so she can't see herself if she walks by...I'm going to put it on the floor tonight!

·
Registered
132 Posts
dixie is the same! she wants to play with the doggie in the mirror! she sticks her bum in the air but go's down on the front paws and barks and wags her tail!!

it's so funny!

also, she barks and gets excited when she see's photo's of herself and if she sits on me knee when i'm on SM she barks and wags her tail at all of your furbabies!!!

lol

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
parker used to react to the mirror when he was a pup, but not he could care less. i hope ur babies dont grow out of it because it's so cute!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Ha!! The first time Peanut saw himself in a mirror (the first day we brought him home) he ran right into it. Now, whenever he can see his reflection, he just sits and stares at himself...I mean in the stove, trash compactor, dishwasher, cars....anything where he can see himself
. I guess he's proud of how he looks.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
when gruffi was 5 weeks old...he used to bark and then slam himself into the mirror. it was super cute. now...i think they know its their reflection...so when we put clothes on them--they'll look into the mirror.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley has reacted to the mirror a few times. It is really funny when he does it!
One time was at a hotel...they had a wall mirror a few feet off the ground. He couldn't see in it unless he was on the bed. When he would walk in front of it and see himself he would growl and bark and carry on!
It was really funny.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Chloe likes to give kisses to the puppy in the mirror

Now the puppy in the reflection off the glass doors really irritates her

1 - 10 of 10 Posts