Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Missing GA Bride to Be Fakes her own abduction!

Can you believe that!?
Thank the Lord she is safe...but I can't believe the pain and anquish she has put her whole family through this week!! :eek: She should have called them once she made it to her destination...not several days later!!! Very poor choice in my opinion, although I am REALLY glad she is safe!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I saw that on the news. I know that my family would be sooooo ANGRY at me for putting them through the worry. My first thought was maybe she had a ex boyfriend who didn't want her to get married, you know, one of those 'if I can't have you then no one can' type of situations. She must have felt so alone and so lost to have to do something so drastic. I'm just glad she's okay.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Ugh.....I'm glad she's ok....what's with the fabricated stories lately? First- the finger in the chili now a kidnapped bride to be? What's next? I understand the bride to be was under a major ammount of stress, but think of the stress on her family thinking something HORRIBLE had happened to her.

-c

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I figured she was dead, so I'm glad she was only a runaway bride. The cynic in me kind of resents that this will be a movie of the week and she'll be on every talk show and write a book and make a few million. I feel sorry for the groom! Guess he'll make a bunch too, though.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Apr 30 2005, 08:00 PM
I figured she was dead, so I'm glad she was only a runaway bride.  The cynic in me kind of resents that this will be a movie of the week and she'll be on every talk show and write a book and make a few million.  I feel sorry for the groom!  Guess he'll make a bunch too, though.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58450
[/QUOTE]

From the sounds of it, one or both of them don't really need the money...her parents put up a 100,000 reward.
From the sounds of the wedding and stuff, they must have been well off...but it won't keep them from taking people up on offers, like you said.
Wonder if her parents gave HER the 100,000!?
Mine would kill me for putting them through it, so I wouldn't have to worry about it!

I guess my opinion is...I understand the cold feet thing, and needing to sort things out...but I think she was really selfish and uncaring to the other parties involved (including her 600+ wedding guests) to disappear and not contact anyone for several days. Surely she HAD to know that in these days and times people would be freaking out!

·
Registered
552 Posts
When I first heard about this I thought that she was running from the whole situation. When her fiance went on the air about her missing. He mentioned about all of her things that she didn't have with her. Such as her credit cards, drivers liscense, diamonds and etc. He didn't say diamond ring but think about this who leaves their diamonds behind. I think that he was referring to her ring. I don't know about any of you but from day one I was engaged I have only took my ring off long enough to clean it and right back on my finger it went. I figured that she would turn up soon and unharmed. I feel sorry for what her parents and friends went throught the past couple of days. Especially with all the other things on the news about the young girls in Florida found dead and of course everyone thought the worse is yet to come with this case.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
What a selfish thing to do!
I'm glad she is alright but I feel for all the people that took the time to search for her and worried about her! Plus feeling like their neighborhood was unsafe! The next time something happens they'll be like the little boy that called wolf and probably think twice about jumping in and helping. So sad!
I think she should face criminal charges for this.

If I was her fiance', I don't think I'd want to marry her now. What will she do when the stress of kids comes along - Now, that's stress!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think she needs a good slap. 600 guests searching for her? Christ-what the heck is that?

Cowardice, I say-she couldn;t just tell her fiance that she needed time to think?

Sorry-I'm having a hard time feeling anything but contempt-the stress of marrying a VERY wealthy man, who worships her-MY GOD how is someone supposed to cope with all that STRESS???

Kids? She'd have a nanny-no stress there.

Watch, though-she'll get a book deal or something.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@May 1 2005, 09:39 AM
Well apparently the wedding is not off, it is just postponed...I don't know if I could do that.  I think the trust factor would be very low.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58581
[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking that the whole "postponed" talk is just putting a spin on it...... that guy should run, run, run away from this self-centered woman......

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+May 1 2005, 08:58 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Caesar's Mommie
@May 1 2005, 09:39 AM
Well apparently the wedding is not off, it is just postponed...I don't know if I could do that.  I think the trust factor would be very low.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58581
I'm thinking that the whole "postponed" talk is just putting a spin on it...... that guy should run, run, run away from this self-centered woman......
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58585
[/B][/QUOTE]
Haha
I agree!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Originally posted by Carrie@Apr 30 2005, 04:10 PM
...what's with the fabricated stories lately?  First- the finger in the chili now a kidnapped bride to be?  What's next? <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58375
[/QUOTE]

People make up stories, because when they do something wrong or stupid, they dont want to accept responsibility for it.

It's easier to make up a story so it's someone else's fault.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I hope this guy realizes that this is a woman you cannot count on when there is a "crisis". What will she do when there is a real crisis ? She needs to grow up. Apparently at 30+ she hasn't yet. If my daughter would have done that to me, she would not put her feet in my house for a long time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Originally posted by puppylucy@May 1 2005, 07:24 PM
true, but how is a finger in a chili her mistake!? lol that sort of thing doesn't happen 'by mistake'. that lady was clearly just nuts
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58706
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i guess you're right, Jessica... that's definately intentional. :lol: She was trying to win some money from Wendy's, but she got caught.

Alright, in any case (except that one, lol) when people lie and pull up scapegoats, its because they don't want to take the blame.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by Airmid@May 1 2005, 05:38 AM
I think she needs a good slap. 600 guests searching for her? Christ-what the heck is that?

Cowardice, I say-she couldn;t just tell her fiance that she needed time to think?

Sorry-I'm having a hard time feeling anything but contempt-the stress of marrying a VERY wealthy man, who worships her-MY GOD how is someone supposed to cope with all that STRESS???

Kids? She'd have a nanny-no stress there.

Watch, though-she'll get a book deal or something.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58564
[/QUOTE]

She really needs serious help.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I second what Airmid says. I'm glad she got arrested. That was selfish what she did.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts