Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Maltese dad uses Missing Link. I haven't tried it but know people with big dogs that use it. What benefits do you see in using this supplement? Do your malts have tearstains? I have heard that this can help with the staining but I don't know anyone with malts that has tried it.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
what exactly is it?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a supplement that you sprinkle on their food. I have heard about and my son uses it on his 100 lb lab but I don't know anyone with a tiny dog that uses it. It's suppose to be good for their skin, coat etc. I have heard that it's great for dogs with allergies or any type skin problems(rash, itching,poor hair and so on) have even heard that it can help with tear stains. I just noticed that Maltese Dad uses it on his maltese. You can buy it at petsmart and you might want to look up info on it on the web and read testimonials. I would like first hand feedback about small dogs and what benefits he has noticed in his dogs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Let's see if I can remember all the info I read about Missing Link before I started using it. It's all natural and is supposed to give your dog nutrients etc. that animals need and are not present in most dog foods. The list of ingredients is so long that I will have to go home and look at the label to post them. I initially read about it on the internet and then found it rcommended in a Maltese book titled "Maltese, The Diminutive Aristocrat". It is also mentioned on MarvistaVet web site for tear staining and other things.

Anyway, I've been using it for about a month and Jazz and Fez seem to like it. I use a little over 1/2 teaspoon mixed in their morning feeding. Have Jazz's tear stains gone away? No, but they are much lighter and their coats seem healthier. They were both very healthy dogs in the first place so it's hard to notice any change as far as that goes. I plan to keep using until the first bag I got is gone and then decide whether to continue or not. I can't remember the web site but I found it by putting Missing Link in my search engine. Will post the ingredients when I get a chance.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was wondering about the tearstain part and for their coat. Tearstains are such a battle. I think I'll do more research and may give it a try. Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
if they help with tear stains I would love to use it- Angels stains are getting worse... the tear stain remover I have doesn't seem to help much... <_<

1 - 6 of 6 Posts