Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leave tomorrow morning for a buying trip and took my little loves (Tucker, Cooper & Chloe) to doggy daycare earlier this afternoon. They will be there until Friday morning. It is a little after 7:30 p.m. and my DH is still not home from work, so my house is very quiet and has an empty feeling! I so believe a home feels like an empty shell without the presence and love of a dog! My mind knows they are in great care. "Andrea" is wonderful with them. She actually reads all my instructions and follows them to a "T". I know she thinks I'm nuts...I bring my own "water" for heavens sake...but she does do everything I ask of her. She is very loving and kind. I know they will be fine...but I'll worry and certainly miss them to no end just the same!

It is ridiculous how much my world revolves around my little 4-legged loves! Anyone else like me?? :unsure:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I totally know what you mean. I feel exactly the same way when I have to leave my Malts. I miss them when I'm not with them ... even when I'm at work.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I'm the same too....When we take trips I even say goodnight to them when I go to bed even though there not with me and good morning
when I wake up. I'm always thinking of them no matter where I
am. I'm getting ready to take a trip and had to hire a pet sitter for
the first time. Little nervous about it, my fluffs took to her right
away and I felt really comfortable with her.

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
I agree a house is so quiet and empty when our babies arien't there. I think it's our hearts missing their love. I love the picture of all three on their bed, soooo cute:wub: they will be ok, have a safe trip. HUGS to you

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
A good friend of mine just suggested a trip for the 2 of us to a very exciting place, and the first thing I thought was "but I'll have to leave the girls."

Yes -- my world revolves around Lacie and Tilly -- FOR SURE!!!

So I completely understand your feelings. :)

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
They are precious and I would hate to leave them too!!! So glad to hear they are with someone that loves them too~~~~:aktion033::aktion033::aktion033:

·
Super Moderator
10,176 Posts
Oh, I know - last Monday night I was posting on here about how much I was missing my girls - I was out of town on business and was only gone for about 36 hours!!! They are our lives, aren't they?

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Dont worry i'm the same way... I even bring my own water too! lol.. I'm very over protective with my two. Your not alone... and its normal to be that way. Everyone keeps telling me that once i have skin babies i wont be this way anymore... honestly.. i will be protecting my malts from my skin baby... so they dont get hurt (little kids can hurt 3lb dog!)! lol

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Annie, they are too darn cute for words. I love the one of them looking out the window. Tucker, Cooper and Chloe will be fine...but I do know how you feel. So far we have not left him alone with anyone else, but when we do it's going to be like leaving a baby home! I went out of twon in August but my husband stayed home with him. We adore our little boy and would worry just the same as you. I'm sure this person is well qualified to take care of them and they will do great. Try not to worry too much and have a good trip!:)

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
I can totally understand, Annie.
I can't imagine my place without my two ...love them SO VERY MUCH!!!! I think that they also know it so well!! I LOVE the bunny bounces that Snowy does when he just knows how much this human loves him. I also loooove Crystal's speedy wagging tail when she knows how much she is loved. Also, I love her little ballet dances when she knows that she is joining mommy in an outing!

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I picked my babies up yesterday and we are all settled back into our normal routine. We managed to have a fun and productive trip, but I'm happy to be home with my fur kiddos. I'm told my babies "ate and pottied" well, and no "tummy troubles" for Cooper! :aktion033: Cooper is my overly sensitive one...he tends to get tummy issues when stressed. So I was relieved to hear he did so well while I was away. They all have increased tear staining but other than that they seem perfectly O.K.! :wub:

Thank you all for your sweet replies and words of encouragement and understanding!

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Well, I picked my babies up yesterday and we are all settled back into our normal routine. We managed to have a fun and productive trip, but I'm happy to be home with my fur kiddos. I'm told my babies "ate and pottied" well, and no "tummy troubles" for Cooper! :aktion033: Cooper is my overly sensitive one...he tends to get tummy issues when stressed. So I was relieved to hear he did so well while I was away. They all have increased tear staining but other than that they seem perfectly O.K.! :wub:

Thank you all for your sweet replies and words of encouragement and understanding!
WOHOOOO:chili: babies are back to mommy and I bet that they and their mommy is so delighted to be united again :wub:

Good to read that all went well with them while you weren't around them.

awwwh! I can't help it but tell you that I love the paw in your avater pic :wub: :wub:who is waving to us there? *Crystal & Snowy paw-wave back*

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
awwwh! I can't help it but tell you that I love the paw in your avater pic :wub: :wub:who is waving to us there? *Crystal & Snowy paw-wave back*[/QUOTE]

That little sweet face and paw belong to my precious Cooper. :wub: He is the definition of love, sweetness & loyalty through and through! Thanks for the compliment on his pic. Coop, Chlo & Tuck are big fans of Crystal & Snowy! Licks & Tail Wags back to them!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Annie, I completely get it, we're leaving for Hawaii on Wednesday morning and while this is a much needed trip for my DH and I, I'm still disconsolate about leaving Bernadette.
-Jessica

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Annie, I completely get it, we're leaving for Hawaii on Wednesday morning and while this is a much needed trip for my DH and I, I'm still disconsolate about leaving Bernadette.
-Jessica[/QUOTE

Geez, Hawaii sounds pretty good! :thumbsup: I'm sure your baby girl will be fine. As long as you feel good about "whom" you're leaving her with! That is the most important thing! Enjoy your trip!

·
Registered
863 Posts
It feels so good to know one's "craziness" is shared. The hubs and I just got back from a 3 night trip away and left the girls at home with their new "babysitter". This is the first time we have used a home/pet sitter. I was still nervous even though "auntie" seemed very capable. We are so glad to be back home with our girls, they look great, no mats, no tear staining, "auntie" cleaned their eyes with the colloidal silver water just like instructed. This was a test run for we are going on a two week trip later this year, even though things went well I know I'm still going to be very nervous.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Yes, I know exactly how you feel - leaving a fluff is like leaving a child -
Thank G-d that you have someone that you trust to care for them.
They’ll be fine, they will shower you with kisses and dances when you return to them . . .

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
I'm just now seeing this thread. I'm glad you're back home safe and sound and your babies (esp. Cooper) did well while you were away. I understand your concern and apprehension while traveling. I usually take Josey with me when I travel. Cody and Mandy will stay home with daddy. In the past, when I would leave, hubby said Josey would not eat and was very depressed. (They all get depressed when I leave, but, Josey is extreme.) So, hubby and I have agreed that she goes with me. It's always a worry to leave them behind in another's care.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts