Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sigh. I think only you guys here on SM would understand how I feel right now. I miss my Paris so much! I am on a business trip all this week and will only be back home on Sat, and then Sunday, I am on another trip... My little Paris is probaby wondering where his mom is right now. Many people scoff at my treatment of Paris. They say he is just a dog, but to me, he is so much more. I mean, I don't give him human treatment, but I treat him as a special member of my family (does that make any sense?)

I miss my husband too, but to be honest with you all, I miss Paris the most
. Why? Because daddy can take care of himself well-after all, he is GROWN. But little Paris? He is so used to his mom right here with him, sleeping on his mommy's head each night, and having access to lick mommy's face at his whim. SIGH... Before I left, I left him my night shirt (I wore it all day) and told him that I would come back for him. I don't know if any of you do this, but I speak to Paris as if he could understand. I don't know if he really does understand or not, but I would like to think we are communicating on a spiritual level, crossing species boundaries.

One of my favorite scenes (currently running in my head like an old black and white movie strip) is when i wake up in the morning. I open my eye slowly and turn my head to the left. there, I see Paris looking back at me with his expressive eyes and his head turned slightly towards me.
We make eye contact and I tell him softly that "Mommy needs 5 more minutes okay?" and giving him a little peck on his wet nose. When I finally really wake up, I would tell Paris, hey Mommy's awake! and he would get really excited and jump all over me with his tail wagging and giving me lots of kisses. (which I love- no morning breath
)

Ok- sorry for the long post. just thought to share.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
AAWWW!
I am sure he will be SO excited to see you when you get home!!!
What a baby I am...I have to be gone for ONE night this weekend...and it is KILLING me! I can't imagine a whole week!
Just think about how many wiggles and kisses you will get when he sees you....

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Seems perfectly normal to me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts