Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so last week my husband missed 3.5 days of school due to ice and snow. This week he has missed the past 2 days due to freezing drizzle and rain, and then dealing with what has melted has refroze (we have a 4 inch sheet of ice in our parking lot from what has melted/refroze). Now, we are having a thunderstorm?!?!
I do not get it? Then on Friday, the high is 11 degrees! :eek:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I hear ya, Michigan has been pretty messed up as well. We have gotten more snow then ice, but it still sucks. I woke up this morning to it pouring...it is supposed to be 50 degrees!!!! It is NEVER that warm in January. Friday of course it is back down to like 7 degrees so we will have ice EVERYWHERE. Saturday and Sunday they are expecting snow... this winter has just been SO crazy.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I know what you mean. It has been really icy here. In fact the wife of the VP of Sales at my company was killed in a car accident Monday night. Her son (18/19 years old) was in a car accident and asked her to come get him. As she was getting out of her car another car slide into her and killed her. She was only 47 years old.

I'm hoping the roads are fine this weekend because we are supposed to be going to Kansas City, MO to see family.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jan 12 2005, 11:21 AM
I know what you mean.  It has been really icy here.  In fact the wife of the VP of Sales at my company was killed in a car accident Monday night.  Her son (18/19 years old) was in a car accident and asked her to come get him.  As she was getting out of her car another car slide into her and killed her.  She was only 47 years old.

I'm hoping the roads are fine this weekend because we are supposed to be going to Kansas City, MO to see family.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29247
[/QUOTE]

OH MY GOD! That is horrible. Why do things like that happen

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jan 12 2005, 10:21 AM
I know what you mean.  It has been really icy here.  In fact the wife of the VP of Sales at my company was killed in a car accident Monday night.  Her son (18/19 years old) was in a car accident and asked her to come get him.  As she was getting out of her car another car slide into her and killed her.  She was only 47 years old.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29247
[/QUOTE]
Oh my gosh that is awful! That poor family!

I am near KC, about 40 miles from, so watch the wearther.
If you go to google.com you can type in road conditions and it brings up links to tell how roadways are. Right now it is probably just wet, since we are having a thunderstorm!! Friday it will be very very cold though, so stuff might freeze back, whatever has melted anyway. We are supposed to get more snow/ice I think on Sunday or Sunday night, I will watch the news tonight and tell u what KC is calling for(our news station is out of KC). Also if you wanted to go to www.thekansascitychannel.com That is the news stations website you can check out too if you wanted to.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
The son was also hit but he is okay. His knee is swollen and he is in the hospital but he will be fine physically. He never lost consciousness, so he probably say his mother die. They don't think she was killed right away. She died either a few minutes later, on the way to the hospital or when she got to the hospital.

Her husband was on a plane when it happened. He got off the plane and was met by 2 people from his Church. He doesn't know if the driver was hurt or charged. He doesn't even know if there is a policy report.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jan 12 2005, 11:38 AM
He doesn't know if the driver was hurt or charged.  He doesn't even know if there is a policy report.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29255
[/QUOTE]

Hopefully there were cops there from her son's accident... that story is heartbreaking

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
ya, it's been a crazy winter here in Indiana too. 2 FEET of snow for Christmas, only to melt 5 days later..followed by tons of rain, now we have major flooding. The high today will be 68 but in 2 days it will be 20 w/an overnight low of 5!!!!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Does anyone think all this weird weather is a sign.... I was watching Orielly on Fox news and they had people on there about the end of the world. Not to sound like a nut or anything but we have had A LOT of unusual things occurring... natural diasters, weird temp. outside, nutty people killing other people, the war, terrorist.... the world is a mess..

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Kodie@Jan 14 2005, 07:54 AM
Does anyone think all this weird weather is a sign.... I was watching Orielly on Fox news and they had people on there about the end of the world.  Not to sound like a nut or anything but we have had A LOT of unusual things occurring... natural diasters, weird temp. outside, nutty people killing other people, the war, terrorist.... the world is a mess..

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29644
[/QUOTE]
Makes me think about the movie, The Day After Tomorrow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts