Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry I am going to do a copy/paste as I have so many replies to mail and other boards to update on so this it is for now...

just got back from the vet. we did a shot .5 of the Dexameth ( like last time) and will follow up with the Zubrin ( have to eliminate the perixicam for the moment) Missy had her "cough" while there and the vet checked her heart and felt it was not heart related but more like the trachea. We had blood draw for heartworm and also for CBC and chemistry ( should have the results back tomorrow.) Had to get new Zubrin as I noticed what I had ..had expired! ( of course!). I am to call next week to see about some acupuncture ( the vet that does that won't be in till then).
Felt the bg elevations were due to the stress of the back pain. She seemd to think it is not quite as bad as before but to follow with the same protocol we did.. ( but may add the acupuncture).
We went over Missys peeing and pooping and her vet felt the cancer is at least held in tow but the panel will give an idea of what is going on behind the scenes. She did everything today so Missy doesn't have to go back again tomorrow ( what a gal!) Oh also did her anal glands and trimmed her nails ( didn't charge for these). Office visit+ $15.00 !! the shot was $5.50... Zubrin $8.40...blood panel $74.00 and heartworm test, $26.00. ( total $128.90 .. ( I can't complain )
Oh her vet said .. in her next life she wants to come back as MY DOG!! LOL
so now we wait to see how this works for her..and the results of the panel.
Thanks everyone so much! please keep the prayers going for this treatment to help Missy and for good panel results!

Terry and Missy

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
So glad to hear from you,we have been very worried for your little girl.Will dif. keep the prayers coming.Know that we all want the best for Missy,keep your chin up!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Definetely keeping you and Missy in my thoughts and prayers!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Glad to hear from you. After reading your post, I can' get her off my mine. Poor baby sounds like shes been thu a lot. Hope shes feeling better and so is mommy.

Prayers will continue.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Terri,

I actually tried to post on the other site but it still is not approved yet...8 hours later. I must be on the naughty list. Anyway, I just wanted to say that your little girl is one lucky baby...because she has you as a Mom...you fight for her and love her so fully that it truly inspires others. My prayers are always with you and your little Missy.

S

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Thanks for the update.... I hope things improve for her...... I don't blame the vet for wanting to come back as your dog.... you are the ultimate dog mommy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts