41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a female maltese she is one year old
she is train with pad today she had a mistake and she pee in my room
do you maltese puppies still have mistakes sometimes :w00t:

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
They have occasional mistakes. Just be consistent with her. Watch for the sniffing and twirling before they potty. Lots of patience.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yes, and I'll say it's my fault when she has an accident. Libby barks at me when she needs to go. Sometimes I think it's just plain barking but now I pay attention and get her outside.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Lola sometimes has minor accidents, mainly if I don't change her pad quickly enough. She hates going on a wet pad. So she sometimes goes on the edge of the pad or actually poos somewhere else...... you could say that it would be mainly my fault ;)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Mine usually never has mistakes but today she pooped twice. Once on the kitchen floor and then on the family room floor.
I was so shocked and I do not know what is going on.:mellow:

·
Registered
730 Posts
I do have to laugh when Libby has a poop accident, it's always right near my husbands favorite chair LOL! She's not crazy about him.:unsure:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Lola sometimes has minor accidents, mainly if I don't change her pad quickly enough. She hates going on a wet pad. So she sometimes goes on the edge of the pad or actually poos somewhere else...... you could say that it would be mainly my fault ;)
Same here. Bisou also doesn't like to go potty when someone is in her room at the same time. She needs her "me time"...but I do always blame myself. I also try to keep all the doors shut to other rooms.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had Bella trained to go outside without any mistakes at all... I still take her out ever hour but these last 2 weeks shes been peeing and pooping inside the house in all different spots... She goes out every hour but wont do a thing and within 2 mins after coming in from outside she'll do her business... I guess I gotta go back to re-training... What's bad is that she doesn't sniff or circle..she could be walking then quickly stops and pees.:angry::angry:

I have this girl sit, lay, bow, spin and high-five me but she still doesnt get potty training!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Annie sometimes has accidents still. Today she (at least I think it was her) went on the stairs and not just one stair but a few of them!!!! She is very active and I think she just can't take the time to go in one place all the time - too many things to see and do to take the time to finish on the pad. lol

Linda

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
If the accidents continue check for a UTI.

What's bad is that she doesn't sniff or circle..she could be walking then quickly stops and pees.:angry::angry:
This sounds like a UTI.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
I agree with Leslie - sometimes potty accidents that are seen by us humans and aren't accompanied by the normal before potty antics can by symptoms of a UTI or something else.

As far as accidents go. If Hunter has them, they are 100% my fault because either (1) I didn't take him out when he hinted he needed to go or (2) I let too much time go by between bathroom breaks. Its never his fault!

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Same here. Bisou also doesn't like to go potty when someone is in her room at the same time. She needs her "me time"...but I do always blame myself. I also try to keep all the doors shut to other rooms.
Oh I am so glad to see that someone else's maltese doesn't like anyone watching when they go, Toto is the same way!!!! I've received some very strange looks from friends and family when I say "stop, don't go in there", or "don't turn around". Worse I find myself alone in my own house, peeking around corners so that I don't stop him from going! :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
this is just like dolce ..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts