Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i wanted to tell you all that the vet said that yes she is in heat and there is nothing wrong with her or any uti's nothing found in the urine . thank God
. So today i decided to cut the hair in between the pads of her feet i first let her smell the scissors, then she licked them then i started cutting she would kind of want to get away but sat there good as she can be, shes just a great dog i love her nowonder everyone says these dogs are the best they ARE
So i go to cut at the hind feet it was too cute she would like make a little noise and pull her foot away im thinking she was ticklish (sp) LOL too cute. So im finished then i say should i or shouldnt i ??? CUT HER TEARSTAIN HAIRS??? So i said hey what the heck it will grow back
so i cut one side then the other. i am going to put the url to the photo because i dont know how to put a photo here
So guys please be honest and tell me what you all think i think shes still a cutie but im thinking her face looks longer , or kind of i dont know it sure is different i think the hair there adds something to there faces like they needed it , know what i mean?? Thanks everyone for reading and giving info on everything i ask you guys are great u all deserve a pat on the back
thanks again and tell me what you think .

YAY
i was able to add it on here.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Glad to hear she is ok. She sure is a precocious little girl. In a couple of months you can have her spayed. She looks good to me. I noticed you mentioned using scissors to do the paw pads underneat. I am using the Stylique Trimmer from Wahl. The blade is a narrow 1/4". It is great for doing the paw pads.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear she is ok. She sure is a precocious little girl. In a couple of months you can have her spayed. She looks good to me. I noticed you mentioned using scissors to do the paw pads underneat. I am using the Stylique Trimmer from Wahl. The blade is a narrow 1/4". It is great for doing the paw pads.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56978
[/quote
Thank you. I have a clipper but i dont think it comes with a blade that size i may need to buy one. Its way easier using a clipper right? IS it safer, like it wont cut her ?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by maltlover+Apr 26 2005, 06:51 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Caesar's Mommie
@Apr 26 2005, 03:45 PM
Aww, I am so glad everything is just fine with her as far as the bleeding! 
  Also, I think her hair cut was done well!  Good job!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56971
Thank you. IM happy too, but do you think her face looks weird ?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56977
[/B][/QUOTE]
No not at all. I think her face is adorable! :D I trim around Caesar's eyes and trim any stained fur too.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Those clippers are not expensive. Only 8.99 $ at PetEdge. They work on battery and don't make much noise. You will see, it does a better job then the scissors.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I just bought those clippers today. They do work great for the foot pads!!! It's much quicker than the scissors. Mitzi looks GREAT!!! And I'm glad that she's healthy!!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I think she looks great! But yes they look different without that hair. I am growing ours back (if I can last that long). I notice alot of pictures that do not look any different with that hair cut short. I kept Holli short around the eyes, and I didnt think so either, but definately that hair is part of Phoebe's look or something. When its gone she looks hollow or something. I dont know. I think its more what is better for their eyes and not so much the look though
If it starts to bother her I will cut it again.

Anyway she still looks adorable! different but adorable!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I LOVE IT!!!!! puppy cut is soo the way to go. and you did a great job doing it with scissors. and with a shaver---i think its hard cutting long hair with it. they attachements are cheap plastic...and get the hair stuck to them.
so i keep the girls in super short hair. lol its great not having to brush it

·
Registered
117 Posts
She's beautiful!

Have you tried any products to lessen the stains?

Or maybe just bear with it for a little while longer, as she's a growing puppy and those new teeth are coming in.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by stini@Apr 26 2005, 06:19 PM
She's beautiful! 

Have you tried any products to lessen the stains?

Or maybe just bear with it for a little while longer, as she's a growing puppy and those new teeth are coming in.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57060
[/QUOTE]

Thank you , you are all so sweet, well i didnt mind the tearstains what would get to me is that they block her pretty round black eyes
and since i had the scissors in my hand and she was letting her self i did it lol. THanks again everyone.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I think she looks beautiful.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Looks like you did a great job! Your baby is so precious.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts