Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi sm family
well i wanted to share with u all that my mit has been having a loose stool for a few days now and i thought it was going to go away and so it didnt so i took her to the vet today, she had a temp of 102 he could feel she had very loose stool, asked if i had given her anything new i said i give her cheese as a treat
didnt know it was bad my chi is fine shes the one thats sick so anyways gave her a shot for the temp antibiotic and for diarhea and luckily she hasnt had any diarhea oh and he told me to mix with her food boiled hamburger and rice so im doing that i just made some more she ate then threw it all up. Also what i just noticed it that her stomach is hard and its big she looks fat poor baby what do you guys think it is?? should i be worried , well i am
he stomach is BIG like swollen ,full of air i dont know anyone please help me lady montava why do u think her stomach is big oh these are the meds the vet gave her.
Albon and endosorb liquid (they are both liquid)
thanks eveyrone

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by maltlover@Aug 8 2005, 11:58 PM
hi sm family
  well i wanted to share with u all that my mit has been having a loose stool for a few days now and i thought it was going to go away and so it didnt so i took her to the vet today, she had a temp of 102 he could feel she had very loose stool, asked if i had given her anything new i said i give her cheese as a treat 
  didnt know it was bad my chi is fine shes the one thats sick so anyways gave her a shot for the temp antibiotic and for diarhea and luckily she hasnt had any diarhea oh and he told me to mix with her food boiled hamburger and rice so im doing that i just made some more she ate then threw it all up. Also what i just noticed it that her stomach is hard and its big she looks fat poor baby what do  you guys think it is?? should i be worried , well i am 
he stomach is BIG like swollen ,full of air i dont know anyone please help me lady montava why do u think her stomach is big oh these are the meds the vet gave her.
Albon and endosorb liquid (they are both liquid)
thanks eveyrone

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88609
[/QUOTE]

Albon is an antibiotic. It is often used to treat coccidiosis, but is also, according to my friend's vet, a good medication for dogs with stomach upset. I don't know what the other medication is.
If it were my dog, I think I would just use Pediolite or Gatoraide for the next twelve hours, or until you can contact your vet again. Just watch out for the vomiting because with this and the diarrhea, they can dehydrate quickly.
A dog needs 30 cc. of fluid for each pound of body weight within a 24 hour period of time.
Good luck. I hope your little one is feeling better by morning.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
I'm sorry, I'm of no help....but I just wanted to say I hope Mitzi feels better soon. It's so scary when they get sick.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I am sorry Mitzi is not well, but if she is bloated in the tummy I would take her back to the vet. I don't have any other advice other than that for you I am sorry, just want to say I hope she gets well soon.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I would take her back to the vet or call and see what they say. Could just be gas I guess but with the diarrhea, temp and vomiting I would just check with him. Poor girl! Try boiled chicken and boiled rice. Do you have a food processor? If so try grinding up the chicken. That way it is the same size as the rice and she can't just pick out the chicken. Don't let her eat too much at a time. Start with just a small about (couple tsp) and see if she can hold that down. If she is fine after an hour give her a few more tsp. You can also get a syringe (no needle) from the baby section or the pharmacy might give you one. You can use this to "give" her some liquids. I did this every hour (that I was home) when Lexi was sick. That way I knew she was getting liquids since she wouldn't drink when I was around. If you can find clear Pediolite you can use that. Just make sure you throw away the remaining about after 24hrs.

Hope Mitzi gets better soon!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Hope Mitzi gets to feeling better.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all for your well wishes, i called the vet then he said to bring her in so i did he felt her tummy said the stool still felt soft and he didnt feel any foreign objects in her and to keep the medicine and the hamburger meat and rice, so i am and shes still bloated doc said probly bcuz of the rice, Also shes passing really smelly gas
:new_Eyecrazy: since shes had the diarhea. Again thank you all soo much for your well wishes and advice i really appreiciate it God bless u all.

·
Registered
860 Posts
How is Mitzi feeling today? I hope she is feeling better. It makes us so uncomfy when our babies don't feel good I know if they could just talk to let us know would help. I know they do let us know but just in a different way. Keep us updated how Mitzi is feeling. I hope she is feeling better!
Teaco

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi, thank you all for your well wishes, the vet did not do an x ray he just felt her tummy and said he didnt feel any object in there. She has passed really smelly gas. Her stool is a little bit harder now but shes still bloated it has been 1 day 1/2 shes been like this. Thank you all for asking. Its hard to see them sad she just throws herself on the ground to rest but she plays with lucky so i guess thats a good sign right? will update again. thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts