Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ii need ur help please i have mitzi in my arms and i dont want to move shes wraped in a blanket and i cant reach the phone to call the vet she looks sick poor baby shes been throwing up like yellow with like foam , she ate some gerber baby food it was chicken, do you think maybe thats it? she looks sick poor baby shes calm and she wouldnt be lying down the way i have her now. Is there anything i can give her ?? Pepto bismol maybe ?? You guys think maybe thats what made her throw up ? Please help any suggestions b4 i call the vet?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Maybe the change in her diet was too much for her baby tummy. Usually it's recomended to slowly change them over to a new food- and not just suddenly switch. Maybe the baby food was too rich for her?

She is probably too young and too small to give her any pepto. I would try just giving her some water, even if you just put some on your finger and put it in her mouth. You don't want her to get dehydrated. To tell if she is dehydrated, you can look at her gums and if they are white, or have white patches it means she is getting dehydrated.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
That yellow foam is bile. I would take her to the vet, but I'm always paranoid anyway. Tucker was throwing up bile the day before he was diagnosed with Parvo. I'm not trying to scare you or anything, they will throw this up for other reasons. I'm not trying to say she has parvo or anything like that, just saying that maybe something is wrong and I would at least call your vet and tell them the situation. How old is she? I agree, it could just be the change of food. Hope she is better real soon. I know how hard it is to see them sick and feel so helpless.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Awww....hope all is well and that she is feeling better soon!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
The yellow stuff is bile, Peanut does that sometimes in the morning when he refuses to eat for too long. I would call the vet and see what they say. I hope she feels better

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Not to scare you, but since you just brought a new puppy into your home, I'd call your vet. Just because the vet looked at the puppy a couple days ago doesn't mean he wasn't incubating something. Anyone who would give a 5 week puppy away probably didn't take good care of the mother or the puppies.

Have you been keeping them separate?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for your responses. I took her to vet and he wanted to keep her until 5pm and give her liquids b4 she got dehydrated, im supposed to call at 3pm to see how she is doing, i mentioned to him about the new puppy and if she could have parvo he said definatly not because she has all her shots. So im going to call in a little bit and ask how shes doing i cried when i left her
feels sad but she looked so down poor baby. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Oct 4 2005, 12:50 PM
Not to scare you, but since you just brought a new puppy into your home, I'd call your vet. Just because the vet looked at the puppy a couple days ago doesn't mean he wasn't incubating something. Anyone who would give a 5 week puppy away probably didn't take good care of the mother or the puppies.

Have you been keeping them separate?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=106048
[/QUOTE]
I was going to suggest the exact same thing.

Anyway, I see that you already took her to the vet! Toby and I send good thoughts your way. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
If you got Mitzi at 5 weeks, how does the vet know she's had all her shots? I missed something here.

Bless you and Mitzi both.....I know how awful it is to see these tiny ones under the weather and then to have to leave her with STRANGERS!
Even if it is the vet! It's probably nothing serious and I hope she's home in your arms by now.

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Oct 4 2005, 07:27 PM
If you got Mitzi at 5 weeks, how does the vet know she's had all her shots?  I missed something here.

Bless you and Mitzi both.....I know how awful it is to see these tiny ones under the weather and then to have to leave her with STRANGERS! 
  Even if it is the vet!  It's probably nothing serious and I hope she's home in your arms by now.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=106202
[/QUOTE]

Pico's Parent
It is sad to say but the breeders who send the puppies out at 5 weeks do not bother with vaccines.

Maltlover,
I hope your baby is better soon. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi everyone, and thank you all so much for your well wishes and prayers i really appreciate it. Mitzi didnt come home at 5 weeks this other puppy that was given to me came at that age, mit cam home at 12 weeks she was just throwing up today but since shes been at the vet she hasnt thrown up any more and she came home with 3 meds doc said she probly ate sumtin that messed up her tummy. THanks again everyone God bless.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I think she meant...that the VET meant...

that Mitzi had all her shots...not the pup....but I may be wrong.

But didn't Tucker, who just had a round of parvo on here have his shots too? (Not to freak you out...but just wondering...)
Here is the link to the thread...Tucker's Thread

Hoping it is just an upset tummy....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Glad it all turned out okay.

Your sure were right on top of things!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Oct 4 2005, 09:28 PM
I think she meant...that the VET meant...

that Mitzi had all her shots...not the pup....but I may be wrong.

But didn't Tucker, who just had a round of parvo on here have his shots too? (Not to freak you out...but just wondering...)
Here is the link to the thread...Tucker's Thread

Hoping it is just an upset tummy....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=106255
[/QUOTE]
Yes, I just wanted to let you know that Tucker had his entire series of shots and still got parvo. The first day I took him to the vet, they said he ate something that made him sick and sent him home with meds. He was still sick the next day and I took him back. They kept him overnight and didn't find out it was parvo until the next day, because they never thought of checking for parvo since he had all his shots. However, I think it is unusual for them to get it after having the shots, but it can happen obviously. Luckily, my baby survived and seems to be back to perfect health. I hope your pup is much better and like I said before, I'm not trying to scare you, but ever since Tucker went thru all that, I have become paranoid. Just keep your eye on her, which I'm sure you are and best wishes. Hopefully, she will be back to normal in no time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts