Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi eveyone, i want to ask why does my mitzi bite my leg and then try to hump it
shes a female soo thought thats weird, and i have read some where on here that because she does this because shes dominating me ?? Also could some one tell me what is an Alpha and does this have anything to do with it ???
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Lucy humps one of her toys, but never me.. I'm pretty sure it's a dominance issue, but I don't know much about that. I'm sure someone else has more extensive knowledge about it, or if not you could try google

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by puppylucy@Mar 12 2005, 11:21 AM
Lucy humps one of her toys, but never me.. I'm pretty sure it's a dominance issue, but I don't know much about that. I'm sure someone else has more extensive knowledge about it, or if not you could try google

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42577
[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
It's a dominance thing for females. She's trying to show you who's boss. If you don't want her to do that, pick her up every time she does it, look her straight in the eyes without wavering, make her stay still, and give a very firm "No". If you are consistent with this, she'll stop.

Sylphide is very dominant and has always been a humper. She never tries to hump me, though, just my husband
She acknowledges me as her alpha (although her daddy takes as much care of the dogs as I do, I do the daily walk, feeding, and grooming--so all the dogs see me as Mommy Alpha).

She has a good natured dominance game going on with her daddy. Of course, he encourages it--they play rough and tough and have a whole competition thing going on. Sylphide usually tries to hump him when they are playing and he's winning :D Sylphide also tries to hump my 6'4 massive brother whenever he comes to visit!

I use a double hand clap with a no! to stop any unwanted behavior. If Sylphide starts humping (for example, trying to hump Shrek) and I'm around, I just do the clap with command and she stops.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohhhhhh ok so then shes trying to tell me shes MY BOSS !!!!!!!!!!! :eek: PLEZE!!!! LOL
j.k oh no so then i need to stop this right, so she wont get away with things ? Or like so when i say something shell do it ? This like just started. Do you think they know how much we love them and they want to take over us ?
THank you so much for the information.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Noriko use to hump Cloud and nothing else. To see her hump him just wasnt right!!!!!! After she was spayed, she stopped. But yeah, it's a dominating issue...dominatrix! PUAHAHAHA jkjkjk

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
So far Phoebe tried this twice, on the same night. The first time I think I was in shock and just said no and moved my foot. Then of course called my BF at work to cry "first eats poo and now THIS!!!"

The second time she did it I screamed no and jerked my foot hard away from her. She has not tried it since. I think it helped that I nipped it in the bud, although I thought I saw that "humping gleam in her eye" one other time since but she didnt do it then nor since.

I want her to know I am the boss but she is so sweet I'm sure she gets away with more than she should... anyway...

GOOD LUCK!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts