Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually post about my Cody , but today my Molly has been on strike with All Dog Food! It’s been two weeks and no matter what food I entice her with even hamburger she gives me her upper lip like ewwww ….. she was on Royal Canin wet food and used to gobble that up! She was at my veterinarian and her bloodwork is perfect. I think she wants people food. I even bought farmers dog food I swear I thought she would eat it! Snubbed that too! I am cooking chicken right now again. Is there any food out there that irresistible to dogs palate?? And it’s sad her belly growls to eat and she snubs alot of food. Any suggestions for a picky dog? I am just afraid she won’t get all the nutrients eating people’s food. And if I put the chicken mixed - she won’t even pick it out she’ll walk away and sulk. This is molly attached. She’s half maltese and shih tzu . Molly is my rescue dog.

Attachments

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thankyou All! Molly ate some chicken this morning I tried to give tiny dog food rolled in a super small size with chicken she picked it up spit it all out , so she just had chicken again , but walk away when there was still more chicken left there to eat. Thing is I know she’s hungry at times but snubbing food. But at least she has something in the stomach I tried dry dog food as a cookie , she chews it cracks it in half and spits it out then give me her baby eyes.. I will definitely ask my vet about the gallbladder and early on kidney issues for sure! Thankyou All so much for that information! It means so much!

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just want to ask what dog foods do you feed your babies. I literally have been online for 4 hours so many good quality food have been recalled.. I am looking for a dry food I can give molly. Molly is not fond of farmers food which I am very surprised. I read up on nom nom too. It’s so frustrating how and what they put in our dogs food.

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thankyou! I will definitely look into those foods! I was up last night and read about wild earth dog food. It’s a vegan dog food. Not sure that works with dogs though. I am so torn. I too have had molly on Royal Canin and she just halted on eating it. I wonder if they changed the ingredients. Thankyou for the suggestions! I am on it now!

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My vet gave molly Pepcid for the stomach and said it could be gastro related and if she continues not eating we’ll go from there. I think she is being super picky. Why out of the blue I don’t know. This morning I made her fresh salmon and hard boiled egg. Well she ate it All up! She didn’t turn her head from that, her eyes got all dilated she tasted something yummy! I ordered pro plan salmon and that vegan dry food. To see if she likes it. She won’t eat Royal Canin dog food anymore . Tonight I will give her carrots and chop meat. If she was really sick, she wouldn’t eat right. But it seems she wants what she wants I think and holds out to see what we’re eating then will eat her own food. I pray she eats the new dog food I ordered. Hope it comes quick! I will definitely mention to my vet the resistance of not eating and see what she says. Thankyou so much!!!

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Sandi thanks so much!! Molly is definitely not underweight, a few days ago I felt so bad her tummy was rumbling and grumbling when she wouldn’t eat her dog food, that’s when I gave in the next day to serve people food just to see if she would eat. And lo and behold she’ll eat our food. Guess I can’t blame her but I really would like her to continue to eat dog food. I hope she likes the salmon dog food I bought. I would love to give her carbs and veggies but so nervous not knowing what veggies I can give her. I know carrots are safe. I really never gave veggies to molly so this is new to me. I even bought farmers dog food and thought she would eat that, and do you believe she snubbed that too!! If I show her food she actually lifts her upper lip like ewww and turns her head!! This has been going on for two weeks now. You are soooooo amazing! Thankyou for always thinking and sharing with me even when you have your own issues going on with your babies! You are such a special friend and held so dear to my heart! Love and many hugs to you!!

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I guess Molly won… I have given in to her. She no longer wants wet dog food. So I have been cooking for her every day. I have farmers food and when she’s in a mood.. she’ll eat it. I just bought just food for dogs we’ll see how that goes. Although she eats lots of chicken and fish salmon cod and I try to give her dry food as treats and that works only once in a while. They say we train our pups, I think it’s the other way around. Lol

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi All, just wanted to give you an Update on My picky Molly girl! She has been eating chicken in the Am and the “Just For Food For Dogs” became the winner so far! Not the frozen human grade but the pantry food they call it. It’s in a box rather than in a can but used the same way. I bought the variety sample and she actually will eat it . To my surprise it looks better than farmers food. They even have heptic food for Cody prescription for his liver disease but I get that in human frozen food as a lunch only because it’s certainly not enough calories to be fed on its own. But for all those picky doggies that’s what Molly chose. Let’s cross our fingers and hope this lasts!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts