Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mom delivers 16th child, thinking of more
Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar's children include two sets of twins. Each child's name begins with the letter "J":
Joshua, 17; John David, 15; Janna, 15; Jill, 14; Jessa, 12; Jinger, 11; Joseph, 10; Josiah, 9; Joy-Anna, 8; Jeremiah, 6; Jedidiah, 6; Jason, 5; James, 4; Justin, 2; Jackson Levi, 1

LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas (AP) -- Michelle Duggar just delivered her 16th child, and she's already thinking about doing it again.

Johannah Faith Duggar was born at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and weighed 7 pounds, 6.5 ounces.

The baby's father, Jim Bob Duggar, a former state representative, said Wednesday that mother and child were doing well.

He said Johannah's birth was especially exciting because it was the first time in eight years the family has had a girl.

Jim Bob Duggar, 40, said he and Michelle, 39, want more children.

"We both just love children and we consider each a blessing from the Lord. I have asked Michelle if she wants more and she said yes, if the Lord wants to give us some she will accept them," he said.

The Discovery Health Channel filmed Johannah's birth and plans to air a show about the family of 18 next May.

The Learning Channel is doing another show about the family's construction project, a 7,000-square foot house that should be finished before Christmas. The home, which the family has been building for two years, will have nine bathrooms, dormitory-style bedrooms for the girls and boys, a commercial kitchen, four washing machines and four dryers.

Jim Bob Duggar, who sells real estate, previously lost his bid for the U.S. Senate. He said he expects to run for the state Senate next year but isn't ready to make a formal announcement.

Michelle Duggar had her first child at age 21, four years after the couple married.[/B]

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Unbelievable! This reminds me of someone I knew in High School. We were taking a french class and the teacher asked DeeDee how many brothers and sisters she had. She replied in french but the teacher said that she must not have understood the question. Turns out she was the 18th of 21 children!!! They were all living and there were no twins. Same two parents and the mother was a small woman. She said they were a good Catholic family.

I barely managed having 2 children. I considered a 3rd briefly. It blows me away to think of that many children!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I know this is terrible because it's like one of those ******* jokes but I just couldn't help but notice the dad's name is Jim Bob!

"there goes Jim Bob and dem sixteen kids of his. "

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
WOAH! That's a whole lotta kids! LOL I don't know if I'm thinking of the same family, but in I watched a documentary about a family with MANY children, some being twins I think. They were in the process of building their "dream" house, the mother stayed at home and taught her children and the father used to do something for the Government and they were very religious.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
OMG! So all the names begin with "J"...........she should name this one:

Justdone

I knew a woman a few years ago who had 10 children....all at home, one set of twins. Funny thing, her husband was also an insurance agent. Must be in the policy somewhere.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
geez!! my great grandma had 19 children! but 10 of them came out stillborn. i think these people like pain or something

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Ok...I know this is a crude remark but it is a joke ok?

I wonder if she is trying to better the race, or if she is a backyard breeder?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I'm betting anything that she had those kids trained at a young age to take responsibility and help around the house and with any younger siblings. It's not like she has 16 kids all under the age of five. She's got plenty of teenagers as well. If they really are a family, then they'd all be working together anyhow, which is why I see this possible. Possible, yeah, but certainly never a lifestyle I'd choose for myself. As the mother...I mean. I think I would have loved having that many brother and sisters.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I think 16 kids would be way over and above my limit.
I remember years ago I was watching a program on tv and Phillis Diller was being interviewed and the topic was large families.

Her remark has stayed with me for all this time.

She said "if I had that many pregnancies I would start to think I am the dust bag on a vaccuum cleaner....fill and empty"

·
Registered
791 Posts
About a year ago these same people were on the discovery channel. They were letting the cameras come to there house and filming there daily lives. Showed there house there car, friends. Did anybody see that program?

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
I worked for many years as a medical assistant in an OB-GYN office of 4 doctors. We had a patient that had 13 children, no twins. The same mentality as this couple......"whatever God wants us to have....". The Drs. tried to get her to have her tubes tied and that's all she'd say. The poor thing was only probably 40 and looked 60. Her body was wearing out. Her husband was so proud! I wanted to choke him.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
My cousin, the last male in our family who could possibly "pass on" the family name has six girls last I heard. His sister has seven children so far (that I know of). They are of the mindset of accepting whatever "god sends them".
THey can't even say the word, "pregnant". We once got an Xmas letter that spoke of "the soon delivery of one of god's little blessings". *ROLL EYES* All these children are literally making them poor! They have no money.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts