Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to try make this short because I'm simply worn out with all the issues my babies have to go thru...

Last Sunday Noriko was jerking around like she was trying so hard to scratch a hard to reach area. The problem was she was on her back and she wouldnt stop. So I came to her and she wouldnt pay attention to me and kept shaking. That is the worst feeling a mommy can go through. I screamed for my bf to come to me. It lasted for 1 minute or 2, but that was the longest minute ever.

As if that wasn't bad enough, my super vet left to do research and Vanderbilt. I told them to get someone to call us back b/c my girl had a seizure....THEY NEVER CALLED BACK! *LOTS OF CUSS WORDS HERE* Well guess what I did. I searched the internet for another VET! My super vet would NOT leave me hanging like that! SCREW THEM (uhhh can I say that? sorry if I offend). I called this one place and not only are they CLOSER to our home, but one of the doctors has diagnosed shaker syndrome before! Can we say "see ya! Wouldn't want to be ya!" I'm going to visit them tomorrow. I'm so excited. I really really really really really really hope they are good people.

Anyway, Jaimie (LadyMontava)! You're so awesome. Thanks for being there for me. Thanks Kristi for putting up with all my negativity! LOL Are you tired of me saying how stressed I am?????

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I hope she gets proper treatment and i hope the new vets take good care of both of you. It must`ve been terrible that you didn`t found support from your vet´s office when you most needed him.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
glad u found another vet..i hope he can give u some insight to what is going on with poor little noriko

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by okw@Nov 11 2005, 08:34 PM
I am sorry to hear about Noriko and I am glad you found another vet.  I have to say though your previous vet went to a great school to do research 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119064
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know! Who could blame him. But what kind of research can a veterinarian do at Vanderbilt? Vandy doesnt have a Vet program....or do they???

I'm going to go check the new vet out today. Wish me luck! HEHEH

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I checked out the office and it's not that bad. But I'm going to wait til she runs out of prednisone and then get her completely checked up by them. It will be a couple wks. They seem really nice though. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Oh, I'm so sorry. I know how scary those seizures are. We had a Dalmatian that had seizures every couple months or so and everytime he would have one my parents would stay with him and my brother and I would run off an cry. It was horrible to watch. Finally last Christmas Eve he had a small one and he died. We also think he had cancer. He was 10 years old. I still miss him. We'd had him since I was in the 5th grade.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts