Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i can't edit my title anymore on my previous Eukanuba thread, i thought I would just make another thread.

I completely forgot to mention Tami (Tamizami) picking up maltese cupcakes in celebration of Marina's birthday next week (she will turn 12 next week) OMG, they were the cutest things ever! And definitely a HUGE hit. They were in the Eukanuba colors and what fun that was! THANK YOU TAMI!!

Here is Marina posing with a cupcake. Aren't they darling???

Here are the 'official' results on the AKC site

Best of Breed
WHITE FIELD RICHELIEU RIO

Best of Opposite Sex
CH Bellarata's Glee By Design

Best Bred By in Breed/Variety
CH Bellarata's Glee By Design

Award of Excellence
CH Richelieu's Sugar Rush

JUDGE: Mrs. Peggy J. Hauck

Here is a link that will take you to Marina's official 'win' photo on the AKC site. I love how it turned out! I can't copy it to share though :(
Details

And here is a link that will take you to the Best Bred By Exhibitor toy group video on the AKC site

American Kennel Club - AKC/Eukanuba National Championship

And now for some Junior Showmanship photos!

Marina showed in juniors on thurs and friday and showed against some of the top kids in her class from around the country and they did very well! Thursday they got Third out of 10 kids and Friday they placed 2nd out of 11 kids, so that was really good!

The junior showmanship on saturday for the actual Eukanuba class was VERY stiff competition and all the age groups were competing in the same class. I'd like to point out that in marina's qualifying class, NO TOY DOGS were selected for the cut and NO TOY DOGS were in the finals. :unsure:

and here is a video of her competition yesterday. They pick THREE of this huge group of kids

Lucy, as usual, showed fabulously. Here is a video of them from thursday

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i295/lucyownsme/eukanuba 2010/5df5331d-1.jpg

So now I'm facing the daunting task of packing up to head home - but it was a very fun weekend. The dog bathing isn't done yet though, I have to put Lucy and Emma back in oil when I go home. It's never ending and I only have three in coat right now!

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Love the cupcakes. They are the cutest thing ever. Where on earth did Tami get them???

Marina is doing so well in the ring and you are doing so well with your breeding programs. You have a beautiful family and gorgeous fluffs and so much to be proud of.

Showing is fun -- but a lot more work than non show people realize. It seems to be never ending.

Congratulations and Kudos to you and Marina!!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
The cupcake is amazing!!!

I loved the photos! This is such an outstanding accomplishment for Bellarata!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DANGIT why can't i even edit from half an hour ago?????? Not liking this!

I messed up the link for the video, I put a link to a pic instead.

there is the link

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
What a fabulous weekend for the 3 of you! Again, Congrats all around!

Would you please explain this statement 'cause I don't understand it...I'd like to point out that in marina's qualifying class, NO TOY DOGS were selected for the cut and NO TOY DOGS were in the finals.

BTW, the editing window is set at about 1 hour...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Oh wow, she is so poised and pretty!!! Happy Birthday next week, Marina!!!! :) What a thoughtful thing for Tami to do...cute cupcakes!!!

Lois is absolutely stunning ... the pic of the two of them together from the link is breathtaking! :)

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
DANGIT why can't i even edit from half an hour ago?????? Not liking this!

I messed up the link for the video, I put a link to a pic instead.

YouTube - Marina and Lucy Junior Showmanship

there is the link
Yeah, I have to say the new editing time sucks. I know the decision for this was made bc people were abusing it, but it really stinks that those of us who have used it responsibly for years are also punished for their misdeeds. :angry:

Stacy, love all the pics and the videos. I really wish I could have been there with you and Marina this weekend, but I am so glad you can share all of this with us. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Once again I have tears of joy watching that video. You must be so very proud of your two girls. Emma had a smile on her face the whole time.
The cupcakes are just too adorable.

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Marina I wish you a Happy Birthday, I know I'm early so start celebrating right now, I'm so proud of you and Emma and Lucy. The cupcakes were just perfect for you.

Stacy Congrats. I know you have worked so hard to get where you are, I'm so proud of you both

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
I loved the video of the Junior showmanship w/Lucy---she has nice movement & seems to respond really well w/Marina---good training Marina!
I can't wait to see what Marina will do w/Andrew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Big congratulations, big, big congratulations, and happy birthday to you marina.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What a fabulous weekend for the 3 of you! Again, Congrats all around!

Would you please explain this statement 'cause I don't understand it...I'd like to point out that in marina's qualifying class, NO TOY DOGS were selected for the cut and NO TOY DOGS were in the finals.

BTW, the editing window is set at about 1 hour...
They do Juniors in 'cuts'. All the kids compete and they pick 9 kids from a group of 30 to compete (and then they take 3 kids of the 9 to compete for the finals) All the dogs that made the first cut (of 9) were non- toy dogs. There were four groups of 30 so the 'finals' have 12 kids and of those 12, there were not any toy breeds represented. It makes it harder for kids to do well while showing toy breeds, but Marina has done fairly well regardless.

Oh wow, she is so poised and pretty!!! Happy Birthday next week, Marina!!!! :) What a thoughtful thing for Tami to do...cute cupcakes!!!

Lois is absolutely stunning ... the pic of the two of them together from the link is breathtaking! :)
Oh thank you! Lucy has been a very good juniors dog for Marina, they have both come a long way! Lucy used to hate the table, wouldn't stand on it without pushing herself way back. Marina has had to work very hard with her!

Yeah, I have to say the new editing time sucks. I know the decision for this was made bc people were abusing it, but it really stinks that those of us who have used it responsibly for years are also punished for their misdeeds. :angry:

Stacy, love all the pics and the videos. I really wish I could have been there with you and Marina this weekend, but I am so glad you can share all of this with us. :thumbsup:
Oh i wish you could have been there too!! it was sure a fun day! Looking forward to Westminster :aktion033:

Marina I wish you a Happy Birthday, I know I'm early so start celebrating right now, I'm so proud of you and Emma and Lucy. The cupcakes were just perfect for you.

Stacy Congrats. I know you have worked so hard to get where you are, I'm so proud of you both
Oh thank you!! It was a very fun weekend! The cupcakes were soo yummy, they were a definite big hit!

I was happy Marina and Emma did well in breed. Marina has had her work cut out for her with Emma - she gets very enthusiastic in the ring!!

I loved the video of the Junior showmanship w/Lucy---she has nice movement & seems to respond really well w/Marina---good training Marina!
I can't wait to see what Marina will do w/Andrew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marina shows Andrew for the first time in juniors right after xmas, I sure hope that will go well!! It's also her first time in the 'intermediate' class since she ages out of the 'junior' class today

1 - 18 of 18 Posts