Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some more that I snapped of my little guy!

and I have a question. Is there a certain age that puppies learn to bark? Pellie doesn't bark, he just whines.

Pellinore is such a joy! He's such a snuggler, but a spit fire at the same time! Last night he cried ALL NIGHT even though he was in his crate with a nice soft cuddle sack right by my face. I gave up around 6am and took him into the living room while I tried to nap on the couch. I didn't even get to snuggle into my bedding before he was asking up onto the couch. It took him about 10 seconds to cuddle up beside me and fall asleep. He's definately something else. :wub:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Oh Annie, Pelinore is just the cutest litte love bug ever!!! I could just eat him up. He sounds like my Abbey....I gave up too...she had me trained after the first night. :w00t:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh Annie, Pelinore is just the cutest litte love bug ever!!! I could just eat him up. He sounds like my Abbey....I gave up too...she had me trained after the first night. :w00t:
Thank you Pat!

Oh what a cutie!!! I love the last pic where he is looking up at the person carrying him. Oh and don't wish for the barking, trust me - you're probably better off that way LOL.
Well... I'm not exactly wishing for it. I was telling my mom today how amazing I thought it was and she just told me that he just wasn't old enough.... It sounded silly to me, but I don't know everything so I thought I'd ask if there was a certain age that they start barking. He'll whine and carry on and growl and pout, but he doesn't bark... Did I get lucky? :chili:

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Pelinore is sooooo cute :wub: :wub: :tender: as for barking, Lola never barked at that age, she just made funny little chimping noises, which she still kinda does :wub: but she does bark somewhat now. I have to be vigilant to keep her from barking at unexpected noises etc.

I love your siggy. How did you do it? Is it a photoshop filter or something?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pelinore is sooooo cute :wub: :wub: :tender: as for barking, Lola never barked at that age, she just made funny little chimping noises, which she still kinda does :wub: but she does bark somewhat now. I have to be vigilant to keep her from barking at unexpected noises etc.

I love your siggy. How did you do it? Is it a photoshop filter or something?
Thank you! :D So Pellinore may just decide that he can bark afterall... *sighs* It was worth hoping for!

I did my siggy by going to Picnik
It's really easy! All you have to do is upload a pic from your computer and all the editing stuff is on the web page. My 12 year old niece found it and edits everything on facebook, so I made her share her secret with me! lol

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OMG, he is adorable! Ollie cried in his crate, but once he got on the bed, he did great! Sleeps with us all the time!
I think we're going to try that tonight, but I'm just worried that he'll poo on the bed. He'll wake me up while he's in the crate to pee, but he'd rather just poo in the crate! :angry:

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Cosy was okay as long as she could see me at night.
That little boy is a sweetheart. I love the way he looks up at whoever is holding him. Don't worry. He will find his voice soon.................or maybe not! LOL

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cosy was okay as long as she could see me at night.
That little boy is a sweetheart. I love the way he looks up at whoever is holding him. Don't worry. He will find his voice soon.................or maybe not! LOL
I thought Pellinore would be great if he could just see me too, but NOOO... lol I put his crate on the bedside stand and tried just about everything to get him to accept it. Putting my hand up against it, singing to him, pressing my face against it, nothing was good enough! He knew that he was still in the crate and I was still in the bed without him. He's very much a momma's boy already.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, and the picture of him being held and him looking up is of him and my boyfriend, Michael. He was dreading the arrival of my puppy because he just knew it was going to be terrible. He's in love with him as well and they're just too cute!!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Your little boy is just too cute:wub:. I can tell already how much you love him. As for him barking..one day he is going to let out the cutest little bark...you'll probably go awwwww. I just love to hear their first bark:blush:. However, after a year the barking gets a little annoying:HistericalSmiley:For the crate it will take a while but he'll get used to it. Annie, I am so happy you finally have your Pelinore.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Pellinore is just the cutest little boy. :wub::wub:You need to be patient. I saw by your pita pata that he's only turning 12 weeks tomorrow so he's very young. You just have to try to be strong and consistent and try to establish guidelines and routines, give plenty of praise and rewards when he does the right thing otherwise he'll be the boss and you will have discipline problems. It's a lot like having kids... they try you all the time. I know he'll be terrific and he'll probably find his voice as he grows up.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
OH my...what a little darling sweet face ...oh boy, how can you resist that? No barking yet...that is great, but don't think it will last. They soon discover their voices and realize how to get what they want. :HistericalSmiley::innocent:

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Here's some more that I snapped of my little guy!

and I have a question. Is there a certain age that puppies learn to bark? Pellie doesn't bark, he just whines.

Pellinore is such a joy! He's such a snuggler, but a spit fire at the same time! Last night he cried ALL NIGHT even though he was in his crate with a nice soft cuddle sack right by my face. I gave up around 6am and took him into the living room while I tried to nap on the couch. I didn't even get to snuggle into my bedding before he was asking up onto the couch. It took him about 10 seconds to cuddle up beside me and fall asleep. He's definately something else. :wub:
Oh my gosh, he melts your heart!!! What a cutie. My Kara, rarely if ever barked, don't worry about that. Gosh, I don't blame you at all, for having him snuggle up with you on the couch. Bless his little heart 10 seconds, and off to sweet sleep he went :wub: Precious.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Pellinore is such a darling baby! I love his pretty face and really like the photos!
He shows so much personality on them! I'm sure he'll find the way to bark very soon, believe me!

My Ullana was the same, the first night she slept in her basket beside our bed. But the second night she cried all time and tried to come into our bed. After hours we couldn't resist and took her to us!
She stopped crying immediately but you probably can imagine the rest of the story! Now she's sleeping in the middle of us, :LOL:!

Alexandra :wub:

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
OMG!!!! I loooooooooooooove this boy :wub::wub::wub: now I am having puppy-fever!!! Goodness, he is ADORABLE!!! Enjoy him to the fullest and I hope you will give him some kisses from *me* :wub:

Keep on snapping these super adorable pictures. I love them :D

thanks so much for sharing!

hugs
Kat

Well... I'm not exactly wishing for it. I was telling my mom today how amazing I thought it was and she just told me that he just wasn't old enough.... It sounded silly to me, but I don't know everything so I thought I'd ask if there was a certain age that they start barking. He'll whine and carry on and growl and pout, but he doesn't bark... Did I get lucky? :chili:
I think you have a Crystal :innocent: She isn't a barker and she is 4 years old now. Well, Snowy wasn't a barker too. But he was always a vocal type of pup. In other words, he makes little adorable noises (not whining or growling or pouting) but other sort of noises when he tries to communicate with you. I then taught him to *speak/bark* in command. Now, that is his fave trick to perform when he wants a treat or toy in my hand. Mostly, I will ask him to be quiet and he does that (most of the time), other times, he gets super excited and gives me a couple of barks so that he gets the reward (toy / treat). That said, I am not sure if I wanna teach Crystal that trick yet :p

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
I love your pics! Pelli is adorable.:wub: My Rose was the same way. She was "uncrateable"! After the first week, she slept in the bed with us-never had an accident. During the day, I kept her in a large pen.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts