Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently Tammy was working on her warhol type portrait of B & E and while I was looking at the All Pop Art website creating her portrait- my husband saw some of the portraits and really liked them, so I decided to order one as a surprise for Christmas. We have a Tuscan type decor in the room this will go in and my husband enjoys wine- so on the website was a "Pet glo" portrait of a bulldog with a bottle of wine and a glass, so I posed Mindy (our Maltese mix who is such a Daddy's girl she was the obvious choice for his portrait gift) in a similar type pose. I am having trouble shrinking my original pic I sent to them, but this is my proof I just received- what do you all think??

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh good- I think he will,too!! I think they did a great job. I'm pretty excited about this gift - I think he'll be really surprised! Now how do I hide a picture that's 44 x 36????? Yikes!!
Also, finally got my original pic shrunk so I could post- here it is

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you everyone!! the more I look at it the more excited I get about giving it to him.:chili::chili::chili:

It will be so hard to keep it from him until Christmas. Also, I'm thinking it may go better in our dining room which has burgundy walls and the oriental carpet is burgandy and blues with that exact periwinkle color that is in the background of the portrait.

If so- may have to get another for over the mantel- this time with Candy and Cocotini!! :w00t:

Definitely will have to wait awhile for that one-let's see I have a birthday in March....B)

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I love it Jocelyn!!! The more I see the pet glo the more I wish I went that route. And I'm happy you chose a HAPPY picture! It really came out great!

I ordered mine on Thursday. When I called they told me a friend of mine placed an order this week! So happy you went ahead with it. I told them you helped me with mine! Your hubby is going to love it!

Looks like we won't need to help you go through 8 different proofs LOL! I still have a headache from all the changes I went through. But I'm hoping it looks beautiful in my room. I know your's will!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Jocelyn - it looks great. Love how the colors pop out. And Tammy - I'm glad you put in your order. I think it will be terrific once you get the real thing vs the computer image. It's so hard to tell on here. Looking forward to seeing both of them in their places:)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I love it!! It looks great :D
What a perfect holiday surprise :thumbsup: If I were you I'd have a hard time waiting till x-mas :innocent:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love it Jocelyn!!! The more I see the pet glo the more I wish I went that route. And I'm happy you chose a HAPPY picture! It really came out great!

I ordered mine on Thursday. When I called they told me a friend of mine placed an order this week! So happy you went ahead with it. I told them you helped me with mine! Your hubby is going to love it!

Looks like we won't need to help you go through 8 different proofs LOL! I still have a headache from all the changes I went through. But I'm hoping it looks beautiful in my room. I know your's will!
Tammy- I wouldn't have known what type of picture worked well if we hadn't been through all your proofs!! Poor Mindy- I'm not sure how happy she was- I took about 200 pictures with 2 different cameras. Her tongue was hanging out because she was hot and tired from all the pictures-LOL.
I did send them 3 pictures to choose which one they wanted to use, but in the end they picked the one I would have sent them if I'd only sent them one.
I know your picture is going to look good in your room- please post a picture of it hanging in your room!!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
It looks really GREAT!!! Love the picture...........You'll have to share with us when you get it hung in the room of your choice~~~~

1 - 20 of 21 Posts