Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to thank Jo for asking for prayers for my brother Mark.
Mark has had some health issues in the past but a little over a month ago he started to have more issues. He had felt bad for several months but he didn't think it was anything serious. He went in the hospital to have some test ran but checked himself out to go to his daughters wedding the 21st of August in St. Pete. We didn't realize how bad this was until seeing him there. Mark lives in Houston. The doctor told them he was 99% sure it was lymphoma cancer. His spleen was enlarged to twice its size and he had all the signs of cancer. He had his spleen removed last Wednesday. They were told they would have the results back on this coming Tuesday because of the holiday weekend. They even had him down for his first round of chemo this coming week and had told them he would have a 50% chance of beating this.
WELL.......... yesterday the doctor came in to the hospital when he should have been off just so he could go ahead and get the results. Mark doesn't have caner! The doctor said he has a bad infection. We don't know much more about this or what treatments he'll have to have but I can't even begin to say how relieved we all are to know its not cancer. This has been a terrible time for him, his wife and our whole family. Not knowing what was going to happed to him and the 3 year anniversary of them losing their son (21 years old ) was this past Thursday. They've had such a hard time and this was the most wonderful news we could have gotten! I started to post about this and ask for prayers but I couldn't get it all written down. It made it more real.
I'm wanting to ask for prayers now that he'll have a fast recovery and get this put behind him. My brother is a wonderful person and I just want his life back on track and good for him and his wife.
I really appreciate your prayers and good thoughts! I believe in the power of prayer and know its going to make a difference.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Oh what good news that Mark doesn't have cancer, I will pray for his speedy recovery, this news must be such a relief for you all :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Did they say what kind of infection? .........or what caused it? I will say prayers for your brother and I hope that they can give him antibiotics and clear him right up!!! Please keep us informed.......

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Be assured I will be saying prayers for your brother,Mark, that they get this infection under control quickly and he's back to being well very soon!

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
What a great result!!! I hope the doctors can cure this infection now quickly. How relieved you must be Jane!!!! :aktion033:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Jane - I missed the first post about this but maybe that's a good thing because this second post is so much better. Praying Mark will overcome the infection and have a speedy recovery. Nothing like having a brother. I love mine so much and he's the only one in my nuclear family left.:grouphug:

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Oh Jane, so relieved it's not cancer. And they can do wonders with infection. You all are deeply in my prayers.

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
:thmbup:

·
Premium Member
4,906 Posts
Jane I'm so sorry for what you all have been going through. Thank God it isn't cancer after all. What a relief! I will keep your brother in my prayers. Hugs.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Jane, your brother and all of his loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers. You all must be so relieved to know that he is not facing cancer. I hope and pray that the infection gets under control quickly and that his recovery is swift and complete.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Oh Jane, I had no idea all this was going on in your life! OMG! What a relief there is no cancer. Is he still in the hospital? IV antibiotics? Lots of prayers going out for he and your family.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts