Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marina and I headed down for a 4 day show in Indio, Ca this week and had a great time! Kim (Critterkrazy) met us there and showed her girl Hope for the first time (some of you might remember Hope as being the fearless puppy that Kim had at Nationals) They did wonderful and I sure hope we get to see them again soon at a show! She will hopefully be posting pictures of Hope soon. I only have this one while we were at the hotel.

Emma, Lucy and Hope

Indio is a huge show and the crowds that come out are impressive. You have to love a show that offers valet parking and has a cocktails booth set up! While we took advantage of valet parking, the cocktails booth went unvisited :thumbsup:

We were hoping to bring home a new Grand Champion this weekend but while we did not manage to do that, Emma is only one win away from that title.

Thurs and Friday of this show were a Toy dog specialty, and Marina showed in Junior showmanship. There were only two of them showing (Marina and one of the top Toy juniors showing a pom who is in the Open Senior Class) and Marina won Best Junior both days! She was very excited!

Marina and Andrew on Thursday (Ch. Million Dollar Question of Marquess) Excuse the dirty paws - the grass was wet and they got muddy.

And on Friday. Emma is on the left (with her Best of Breed ribbon) and Andrew is on the Right (with his Best Junior Ribbon)

Saturday and Sun, Andrew won Best of Breed, so that was a great start for him!

In Junior Showmanship on Saturday and Sunday, Marina showed in a class of 10 and still did very well! On Saturday, they placed 2nd out of 10 kids and on Sunday, they placed 4th out of 10 kids. They only offer 1-4 placements so Marina was very happy to get placements! It is TOUGH competition, let me tell you.

Here are some pics of Marina and Andrew over the weekend

Waiting for the toy group to start on Saturday

I just have to say - Andrew is the SWEETEST dog ever. We just love him. If you missed his arrival notice, Sheila Riley of Malta Angels Maltese offered Andrew to us when he finished his championship, knowing he would be a good dog for Marina to show in Junior Showmanship. And she was right - every time they show, they just get better and better. He is a boy with a gorgeous outline going around the ring and he is very flashy and he has a nice calm temperament. He just turned a year old and is just a good boy. He is from Marquess Maltese in Hungary.

And waiting ringside

So she doesn't feel left out, here is a pic of Emma ringside.

And this proud mom brag post wouldn't be complete without videos...
Thursday Toy Specialty Junior showmanship

And when the competed for Best Junior (and won :aktion033:)

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
:aktion033: WOW :aktion033: Stacy What an awesome weekend.... KEEP the pictures and video's coming.. I enjoy them so much... Congratulations to both of you. :aktion033:

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Wow! That sounds like a great show!! (I would probably hit the cocktail booth!) So excited for both Marina and Emma!! So, possibly Emma will get her Grand Ch. in Ventura?? That would be so exciting!! Can't wait! See you all soon!!

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:aktion033: WOW :aktion033: Stacy What an awesome weekend.... KEEP the pictures and video's coming.. I enjoy them so much... Congratulations to both of you. :aktion033:
Oh thank you!!! It was a great weekend but boy, I'm glad to be home! Two weekends in a row of 4 day shows is a lot (and expensive, LOL) but am happy Marina did so well.

Wow! That sounds like a great show!! (I would probably hit the cocktail booth!) So excited for both Marina and Emma!! So, possibly Emma will get her Grand Ch. in Ventura?? That would be so exciting!! Can't wait! See you all soon!!
Yes, if she goes Best of Breed over Andrew one day at Ventura - she will have her grand championship! And if Andrew wins one day also, he will have one part of his grand ch. finished also. Emma does not like walking in grass. I had forgotten about that but she sure reminded me, LOL. Andrew is all terrain, much better for Marina to show in juniors.

Marina will also be showing a Chihuahua in Ventura so here's hoping for no ring conflicts!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
WOW!!! Congratulations!!!!! What a great show!

Stacy, I'm not familiar with "Grand" championship ... What is involved in achieving that?

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for sharing your super awesome weekend with us :D

hugs
Kat
oh thank you!!

WOW!!! Congratulations!!!!! What a great show!

Stacy, I'm not familiar with "Grand" championship ... What is involved in achieving that?
It's something new the AKC implemented this year, mostly to keep more dogs showing in the ring, I think! After a dog finishes their championship, you can keep showing them for their Grand Championship

here is the criteria for that
The American Kennel Club requires a dog to obtain a total of 25 points with three major wins (a major win is worth three points or higher) to become a Grand Champion. The majors must be won under three different judges and at least one other judge must award some of the remaining points – so you need to win under at least four different judges. Also at least one Champion of Record must be defeated at three of these shows.

It's a bit confusing. Right now, there are only 8 Grand Champion maltese recorded (with Lawrence's JJ being one of them :aktion033:)

So Emma will be a grand ch. when she goes Best of Breed over another champion (in this case, Andrew) She has 4 major wins and 30 + points and has two wins over another champion, just needs the third. With maltese, they don't usually show after they are finished because it's hard to maintain the coats, so I think that is why there are not as many maltese Grand Ch. as there are in other breeds.

I always love seeing that you've posted more show pics and vids :D

Marina is such a great handler!!
Emma and Andrew are gorgeous!!
oh thank you! They are very similar in looks - which makes sense since their dads are littermates!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Congratulations on the wins!!! :D and thanks for explaining the Grand Champion, I saw the ribbon for that at the San Mateo show and was really confused! Emma is super close, good luck!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Wow Stacy you and Marina are just amazing! I just hope one day Malayah and I can be so blessed. (Rhianna is interested in showing as well! She turns 8 on Saturday so so will be able to be in the ring next year!!)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Congratulations! :aktion033:

I love that you share so much showing info, pics, vids, and Marina's achievements on SM. It's a lot of fun getting glimpses of what the shows are like down there... and I'm envious that you're surrounded by palm trees and green grass in January. lol

·
Premium Member
17,452 Posts
Can't say enough good about you and your Marina & the pups!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations on the wins!!! :D and thanks for explaining the Grand Champion, I saw the ribbon for that at the San Mateo show and was really confused! Emma is super close, good luck!
Oh thank you :) Marina will have shown Emma to her championship and grand championship all by herself - so not a bad feat for a 12 year old!

Wow Stacy you and Marina are just amazing! I just hope one day Malayah and I can be so blessed. (Rhianna is interested in showing as well! She turns 8 on Saturday so so will be able to be in the ring next year!!)
Oh how exciting!! Lots of time to practice before she turns 9! Marina decided she wanted to show a few months before she turned 9, so she just was kind of thrown into it not knowing that much. Maybe Rhianna can show in the breed ring first? That would be such great experience for her! And it's a good way to get out of the house - telling your hubby you HAVE to get to shows so that your daughters will do well :thumbsup: Been there, done that :w00t:

Congratulations! :aktion033:

I love that you share so much showing info, pics, vids, and Marina's achievements on SM. It's a lot of fun getting glimpses of what the shows are like down there... and I'm envious that you're surrounded by palm trees and green grass in January. lol
This show was by Palm Springs - weird weather there! FREEZING in the am and very warm in the afternoon. Then the wind picks up and it's freezing again. The show site is at a polo field and I had actually forgotten what a big show it is. Just the vendors alone were impressive!

Can't say enough good about you and your Marina & the pups!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh thank you Sandi!! Did you manage to make your meetup that was planned?

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
You and Marina are doing an amazing job in a short period of time. I can't wait to see Bellarata gain their first Grand Championship.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
You guys are on a roll!!!!! Win Win win!!!!!! It must be so very exciting!!!!!!! I remember having the best day of my life when Ava took BOB.....not even a point :blush::HistericalSmiley:

My hat is off to you, Stacy and Marina! :hat: (not quite the smiley I had hoped for...but he'll do, I guess)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wow!!!:aktion033::aktion033::aktion033::aktion033: The dream team strikes again!!!! Congrats to you and Marina!! Emma and Andrew are gorgeous! I love seeing your pics and videos and I hope to meet both of you at Westminster!!

Oh, and Stacy, I think you might need to build an addition on your house to put all of these ribbons you two are racking up!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts