Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know, is it safe to put human mosquito repellant on the dogs? We go to my husband's softball games and the mosquitos are kind of getting bad. I use Skintastic on myself...is it safe to put on Caesar? I have been holding him when the mosquitos seem come out; hoping that if I would see some on him I can get them away.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Some one told me that if the product can be used on babies it should be fine for dogs. I was looking for a mosquito repellant to put on me but one that would be okay if Lexi liked it. I think I read that the Skin So Soft products are ok on babies as young as 6 months. So I would think it is okay. The only problem you might have is if Caesar was on a flea med. They might not interact well.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I has this one vet dude tell me to use avon's Skin-so-soft. It's a bug repellant. I never used a mosquito repellant on myself (although i should because they LOVE me) so I cant compare how they feel on. But I sprayed the skin-so-soft on my hair to see how it felt, and it felt greasy. At least it smelled good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts