Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Puddles turned one and I had planned to spend most of the day with him. And I did, went to the park and shopping for him some presents.

Yesterday my mother-in-law asked what was I going to do today. Well, I proceeded to tell her that I was taking Puddles to PetsMart for some goodies.
I was shocked with what came our of her mouth, well, I guess I shouldn't have been.
She said "Dang, he's nothing but a DOG" and that I spend to much money on him. I had to bite my lip ( I'm a good daughter-in-law). I said "Ya, he's a dog and he's mine. Every inch of him is spoiled and always will be". I could have punched her in the nose.


Why are some people so harsh over something you love so much.

P.S. I bought him a black collar with a few fake diamonds on it.
How shes gonna like that now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,035 Posts
Awwww!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY PUDDLES!!!!!!!!


I bet Puddles deserves every single thing that you got for him too!!! I say, it's your money and you can spoil Puddles as much as you want!!
He must look so handsome in his new collar!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,122 Posts
Don't feel bad....my stepdad hates little dogs, calls them "little sh**s". Or--"stupid quadrupeds"...Just his karma that I have 3 and my sister has three daschunds...and that they are all royally spoiled
Luckily for him we live several states away--or we'd be visiting often with all the kids in tow :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know I'm not the only one that feels this way toward my furbaby.

We have no children and Puddles has brought so much laughter to our home. :D Never knew I had this kind of love for an animal. Not a day goes by that he's not happy and running around, so happy to be with me and walks every step I do.

Maybe she is jealous, but she's barking up the wrong tree when she makes useless remarks about him.


You mess with my dog and you mess with me !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by Puddles Mom@Mar 13 2005, 06:47 PM
Today Puddles turned one and I had planned to spend most of the day with him. And I did, went to the park and shopping for him some presents.

Yesterday my mother-in-law asked what was I going to do today. Well, I proceeded to tell her that I was taking Puddles to PetsMart for some goodies. 
    I was shocked with what came our of her mouth, well, I guess I shouldn't have been.  
  She said "Dang, he's nothing but a DOG" and that I spend to much money on him.  I had to bite my lip ( I'm a good daughter-in-law). I said "Ya, he's a dog and he's mine. Every inch of him is spoiled and always will be". I could have punched her in the nose. 


Why are some people so harsh over something you love so much.

P.S. I bought him a black collar with a few fake diamonds on it. 
  How shes gonna like that now.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42961
[/QUOTE]

I get the exact same comment from my mother in law. Of course, they tie up their yorkie in the kitchen, never bothered to potty train him (he is 5 yrs old now) and he pees and poops all over their kitchen. They don't ever give him treats. This poor little dog doesn't even have a bed, he sleeps in one of his bags or on the cold tile floor. My husband and I treat our little dog like a king even though we are students with tons of debt while my father-in-law is a plastic surgeon. So, of course we get those awful comments from them about how we spoil Miko and he is just a DOG. Well, I would never treat any dog the way they have always treated their dogs. Plus, my mother-in-law also makes comments to me how at my age she already had 3 children. One of these days I will reply back with "at least I won't be a housewife and I will have my own MD to earn a living".

I forgot to mention that they didn't neuter the yorkie because its too expansive (and yes, they are wealthy) and my mother in law tried to yell at my husband when we neutered Miko. Ughhhhh, its some kind of animal abuse.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by okw@Mar 13 2005, 09:42 PM
I get the exact same comment from my mother in law.  Of course, they tie up their yorkie in the kitchen, never bothered to potty train him (he is 5 yrs old now) and he pees and poops all over their kitchen.  They don't ever give him treats.  This poor little dog doesn't even have a bed, he sleeps in one of his bags or on the cold tile floor.  My husband and I treat our little dog like a king even though we are students with tons of debt while my father-in-law is a plastic surgeon.  So, of course we get those awful comments from them about how we spoil Miko and he is just a DOG.  Well, I would never treat any dog the way they have always treated their dogs.  Plus, my mother-in-law also makes comments to me how at my age she already had 3 children.  One of these days I will reply back with "at least I won't be a housewife and I will have my own MD to earn a living".

I forgot to mention that they didn't neuter the yorkie because its too expansive (and yes, they are wealthy) and my mother in law tried to yell at my husband when we neutered Miko.  Ughhhhh, its some kind of animal abuse.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42975
[/QUOTE]

I am sad to hear the way your in-law's Yorkie is being treated.


Is there a way you could reason with them to treat him better? Could you buy him a proper bed for Christmas or other occasion? If they won't listen to you, would they read a book about how to care for a dog? Maybe they should turn the dog over to a Yorkie rescue group who could find him a home with people who will treat him better... Hmmmm maybe Cookie Cat (Robyn) could take him!!!

Sounds like maybe they don't want a dog.... I hope I am not being too harsh, since, after all, they are your in-laws... but I feel so sorry for that little dog......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Mar 13 2005, 07:56 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-okw
@Mar 13 2005, 09:42 PM
I get the exact same comment from my mother in law.  Of course, they tie up their yorkie in the kitchen, never bothered to potty train him (he is 5 yrs old now) and he pees and poops all over their kitchen.  They don't ever give him treats.  This poor little dog doesn't even have a bed, he sleeps in one of his bags or on the cold tile floor.  My husband and I treat our little dog like a king even though we are students with tons of debt while my father-in-law is a plastic surgeon.  So, of course we get those awful comments from them about how we spoil Miko and he is just a DOG.  Well, I would never treat any dog the way they have always treated their dogs.  Plus, my mother-in-law also makes comments to me how at my age she already had 3 children.  One of these days I will reply back with "at least I won't be a housewife and I will have my own MD to earn a living".

I forgot to mention that they didn't neuter the yorkie because its too expansive (and yes, they are wealthy) and my mother in law tried to yell at my husband when we neutered Miko.  Ughhhhh, its some kind of animal abuse.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42975
I am sad to hear the way your in-law's Yorkie is being treated.


Is there a way you could reason with them to treat him better? Could you buy him a proper bed for Christmas or other occasion? If they won't listen to you, would they read a book about how to care for a dog? Maybe they should turn the dog over to a Yorkie rescue group who could find him a home with people who will treat him better... Hmmmm maybe Cookie Cat (Robyn) could take him!!!

Sounds like maybe they don't want a dog.... I hope I am not being too harsh, since, after all, they are your in-laws... but I feel so sorry for that little dog......
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42983
[/B][/QUOTE]

It is sad but I don't think its enough of an abuse to take the dog away. My husband has certainly tried reasoning with them but they don't care (they don't even care about their own son, my husband since they just have too many kids - 6 in total). If we bought their dog a bed, his mom would probably just try to return it since they are pretty cheap. We don't get any holiday gifts from them, so its really not a surprise that they won't get anything for their dog.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
Don't worry Puddle's Mom! She's mad because she doesnt have anyone to buy her diamond necklaces!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
I have a lil issue w/my bf's mom. First when we were deciding on big dog or small dog, I wanted big and I'm sure because I said that, she INSISTED on getting a lil dog! It made me mad because me and my bf were debating and she was all against me. Well, then later on we got ButterCloud and she didn't like the idea. I asked "I thought you wanted a small dog?" She said, " I was just talking!" What does that mean?!?!?!

SHe doesnt mind them now. But I can't stand her giving them treats they don't need to be eating. I mean if I tell you to not feed them anything, why do you disrespect me and still feed them thing? I don't even know what she's feeding them and it could be dangerous, you know? Why is that so hard? And if you want to give them something, give them the carrots I have for them! I TRY to be a good girl and not say anything, but it's my babies health! My bf and her were just arguing about it! She swears it's nothing, but it's not her babies, it's mine and MY responsibility. If he gets knee surgery because he's fat because she feeds him junk, who's paying for it? SHEESH!

enough venting for now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by sheila2182@Mar 13 2005, 11:09 PM
Im glad you had  a good day with Puddles ! Happy Birthday Puddles 

Just ignore that wicked ole woman 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43006
[/QUOTE]


Yeah! That is what I say too! At least you know you are in common company here...we all are on your side!


People think I am nuts b/c I plan everything I do around Brink now...whether he can go on trips with us etc... I think they think I am

I guess I am!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Mar 13 2005, 10:14 PM
People think I am nuts b/c I plan everything I do around Brink now...whether he can go on trips with us etc... I think they think I am 

I guess I am!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43008
[/QUOTE]
I don't get that. What do they expect us to do? Leave them at home alone? Take them to some craphole of a boarding place!? Sometimes I can't go to places because I have to go home to feed my babies. What am I suppose to do? Let them starve? Shoot, anyone who loves me that much deserves to be spoiled!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko+Mar 13 2005, 11:23 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Mar 13 2005, 10:14 PM
People think I am nuts b/c I plan everything I do around Brink now...whether he can go on trips with us etc... I think they think I am 

I guess I am!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43008
I don't get that. What do they expect us to do? Leave them at home alone? Take them to some craphole of a boarding place!? Sometimes I can't go to places because I have to go home to feed my babies. What am I suppose to do? Let them starve? Shoot, anyone who loves me that much deserves to be spoiled!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43010
[/B][/QUOTE]


True!!! So very true!!!

Tonight I would like to leave my husband in a craphole boarding place and let Brink have his WHOLE side of the bed!
I'm having one of those "I love you-but I don't like you very much" days!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
Glad she didnt spoil your day
Dont you have to feel sorry for people that never know the love of these little furdarlings?
Even my own mom said to me the other day "Audrey"he's just a dog.Whats with the JUST part?Did that somehow mean he might be less deserving of something?
Happy birthday Puddles
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by okw@Mar 13 2005, 10:01 PM
It is sad but I don't think its enough of an abuse to take the dog away.  My husband has certainly tried reasoning with them but they don't care (they don't even care about their own son, my husband since they just have too many kids - 6 in total).  If we bought their dog a bed, his mom would probably just try to return it since they are pretty cheap.  We don't get any holiday gifts from them, so its really not a surprise that they won't get anything for their dog.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42984
[/QUOTE]

Oh gosh.... I'm so sorry for your situation with your in-laws...luckily you have your own lives and career and you don't need them or their money!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,614 Posts
I get the same thing from people I know... as far as i'm concerned people shouldnt be so out spoken. I dont tell anyone how to spend their money. Some people are animal lovers and some arent.... those that arent can be very rude! ya know...Even some dog owners can be rude come to think of it... not everyone that owns a dog treats their dog like we do!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
I too get the samething...people just don't understand that Lacey is my child. I love that little dog with all my heart. I keep telling my husband I need to quit my job and be a "stay at home mommy to Lacey." You can just imagine how far that gets!

Happy Birthday and I am so glad our day wasn't spoiled. I too took the day off from work and had a birthday party for Lacey and spent the whole day with her.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
I'm so glad I saw this post today.. I heard "through the grapevine" that one of my boyfriends friends was complaining (to put it nicely) about my dog. Now, this guy has only been over like 2 times with Tini there, and he was saying stuff like "that dog $**ts all over the place"...which is NOT true. The first time he came over was the first week we had the dogs, so Tini was 12 weeks old. I'm just so annoyed. Who does that, you know? I decided he is obviously unhappy with something in his life so he took it out on a 6lb furball, who can't fight bacl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Mar 14 2005, 01:55 PM
I'm so glad I saw this post today.. I heard "through the grapevine" that one of my boyfriends friends was complaining (to put it nicely) about my dog. Now, this guy has only been over like 2 times with Tini there, and he was saying stuff like "that dog $**ts all over the place"...which is NOT true. The first time he came over was the first week we had the dogs, so Tini was 12 weeks old. I'm just so annoyed. Who does that, you know? I decided he is obviously unhappy with something in his life so he took it out on a 6lb furball, who can't fight bacl
 
 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43145
[/QUOTE]
I totally hear what you are saying. Some people freak out when they find the pee pad in my bathroom. They are like 'your dog goes IN the house?!?' Peanut's 5 pounds and we've had a miserable winter with tons of snow. I didn't want to be walking out in the blizzard never mind little Peanut walking around out there. Other people are just disgusted by Peanut being such a small dog. It blows my mind!! I don't have any problem with the guy down the street with 3 german shepherds, ya know? It's a personal choice to buy a dog and some people are just TOO opinionated. Like my dog is somehow going to affect a stranger's life?!?
Man, I just worked myself up over this...I guess i had a lot of built up frustration about this topic
Thanks for lettin me vent
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top