Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ate one of my Mother's day chocolates from DD #1, promptly hid them, & now I can't find them. I have looked everywhere! Help! I guess I deserve this grave punishment, but where would you look?

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Time to call in Search and Rescue

Reactions: edelweiss

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Sandi, I had to laugh when I read your post. I am forever "stashing" things and then forgetting where I stashed them. My forgetfulness is getting worse as I'm aging!

My favorite places to hide MY box of chocolate truffles used to be:
1) In an empty granola cereal box in the pantry.
2) Inside the garment bag of my mother-of-the-bride dress in my closet.
3) Behind the books on my bookshelf.
4) In the file cabinet where my instruction manuals are stored.
5) Under the mattress in the guest bedroom.
6) In the veggie crisper.
Now I have nobody to hide them from except myself! LOL!
Please let us know where you find your box of chocolates.

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: maggieh

·
Super Moderator
9,584 Posts
You do know refrigeration is bad for good chocolate, fine for crappy stuff :geek:. Glad you found them. Much better than finding your keys in the fridge.

A couple of days ago, I was making breakfast and was cleaning up as I go, putting things back in the fridge. Wouldn't you know, I put my coffee cup with my hot freshed brew coffee away in the fridge. Looked everywhere for it. And as I said, at least it wasn't my keys yet.

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL Walter! You are much younger than I so you have no excuse. I looked all over for the cumin---yep---top shelf in the fridge while clearing up after guac!
Yes, good chocolates bring the fat to the surface when they are chilled---it doesn't change their value---just their looks! I have restrained from eating anymore thus-far, but no promises.
FYI: Today I bought 8 containers of night-crawlers & big red worms at Walmart & one opened as I was putting them in the back of my car. I had to pick them up w/my hands & put them back in the container (they are for what we call "the garden" but what Texans call "the yard"---they work the soil. Anyhow, I digress, I just wanted to add that I have peppers, eggplants & yellow squash all about 2 in. long on my plants! We have harvested lots of cherry tomatoes & herbs. My basil is taking over central Texas! :) Thanks to your advice & planted a few peppers!

·
Super Moderator
9,584 Posts
We had a hard freeze last night. My onions are hardly up, I can't plant basil for another month.

·
Super Moderator
10,143 Posts
You do know refrigeration is bad for good chocolate, fine for crappy stuff :geek:. Glad you found them. Much better than finding your keys in the fridge.

A couple of days ago, I was making breakfast and was cleaning up as I go, putting things back in the fridge. Wouldn't you know, I put my coffee cup with my hot freshed brew coffee away in the fridge. Looked everywhere for it. And as I said, at least it wasn't my keys yet.
But the refrigerator is where you're supposed to put sunglasses! Quite a few years ago I had gone to the grocery store and then put the groceries all away. The next day I couldn't find my sunglasses anywhere. About a week later, I found them behind some things in the fridge.

·
Super Moderator
9,584 Posts
Sandi - let's say younger rather than much younger. Several years ago, I was shopping in the supermarket and the clerk said I gave you the senior discount. I was in my 50s at the time! I remember that night ordering eye cream and moving up my henna rinse schedule.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts