Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been cleaning the old apartment all day today. I tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for the first time....it is awesome! I swear that baby fills in scratches on the wall! We had scuffs and black marks and scrapes on the walls from moving in and then out of here, they are now gone. Looks like the walls have been repainted! I just wanted to suggest this to you guys, I can not believe how well it works!!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@May 12 2005, 03:54 PM
I have been cleaning the old apartment all day today.  I tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for the first time....it is awesome!  I swear that baby fills in scratches on the wall!  We had scuffs and black marks and scrapes on the walls from moving in and then out of here, they are now gone.  Looks like the walls have been repainted!  I just wanted to suggest this to you guys, I can not believe how well it works!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61945
[/QUOTE]

Thanks im gonna try it how does it work

·
Registered
939 Posts
It is so funny you posted this today... I just tried it this morning and was pleasantly surprised that it worked as promised!

Judi

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
I have kids....who use crayons....sometimes where they are NOT supposed to.... and those Magic Erasers are AMAZING.

-c

·
Registered
200 Posts
I haven't used it, but I heard from people who did that it actually takes the paint off the walls, and after a few times you could be down to the bare wall. That's why I was scared to use it! It's good to hear that you all love it.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
A friend of mine uses hers on the soap scum stuff on her shower door and said it is the best thing she has EVER used for it...

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I use it all the time....it has taken some paint off of my dining room walls but I have satin paint in there...the kids room is where I use it most (imagine that) and they have flat paint....it works ok on Semi Gloss IF you don't scrub to much. I love it and buy mine at Wal-Mart and think they are well worth the money. But I do say use caution if you have Satin walls.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Actually before I used them, I used a sponge (one that says it doesn't scratch) to get the crayon off the walls. I would use a little cleanser, and lightly go over it with the non scratch sponge and wipe it away with the other side. THAT took the paint off. Those Magic Erasers are great, never took the paint off (unless maybe you use the whole thing on one spot, then that might take a layer off :lol: ) and it took the crayon off SOOO easily! I remember scrubbing the walls- took like 45 mins. With the eraser it was off in like 2 minutes! I love them!

-c

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Maxismom+May 12 2005, 05:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Caesar's Mommie
@May 12 2005, 03:54 PM
I have been cleaning the old apartment all day today.  I tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for the first time....it is awesome!  I swear that baby fills in scratches on the wall!  We had scuffs and black marks and scrapes on the walls from moving in and then out of here, they are now gone.  Looks like the walls have been repainted!  I just wanted to suggest this to you guys, I can not believe how well it works!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61945
Thanks im gonna try it how does it work
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61959
[/B][/QUOTE]
It is a rectangle sponge, u just rinse it under water then ring it out and it is read to go. :D

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@May 12 2005, 09:15 PM
I've never heard of that product. Where do you get it.... grocery store? It sounds wonderful!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61995
[/QUOTE]
We got ours from Walmart, but I imagine you can probably get them in any cleaning section. They are in a little box and come 2 to a package.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I love it too!!! Just don't use it on paint that is not very good quality, it will take off. At my house we painted with very good quality paint that was a little pricey. At my son's and daughter in laws house we used and it did rub some paint off. Being such a good mom that I am I went out and bought some paint for them. They are young and money is tight for them.

But yes the magic eraser is great. I bought I huge pack of them at BJ's warehouse club.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I was at Target yesterday and was looking for the Magic Eraser in the cleaning supplies aisles and couldn't find it... However, while I was standing in the check-out line I looked at the suff in the racks there and lo and behold.... there was a "trial size" Magic Eraser!

YES!!! That thing is a miracle!! At first I was using it without water
as there were no instructions... Then I read the box and it said something like... "it works great with nothing but water". So I wasn't sure if I was supposed to wet the Eraser or wet the surface it was cleaning. So I wet the eraser....

BUT is great... it got stuff of of my walls that were impossible... And it worked great on the lid to my kitchen trashcan. It is one of those Rubbermaid cans and the lid is white but not smooth.. hard to explain. It attracts dirt but the dirt does not respond to regular cleaning products.... the Magic Eraser cleaned it spotless!!

Thanks Caesar's Mommie for telling us about this... it's amazing what you can learn on SM!!

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
I have seen this advertised but never tried it... can it be used it on wallpaper ?
We have a papered "accent-wall" that got a mark from moving furniture and I haven't been able to get it completely off.
Terry and Missy

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by IamMomtoMissy@May 15 2005, 08:36 AM
I have seen this advertised but never tried it... can it be  used it on wallpaper ?
We have a papered "accent-wall" that got a mark from moving furniture and I haven't been able to get it completely off.
Terry and Missy
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62406
[/QUOTE]

The box says to do a "test area".. I don't think anything can be said to be safe....each wall, etc. is unique in the materials, quality, etc. If you have any extra left over wall paper I would try it on a piece of that first.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I love these too. I definately agree about the paint though. I've heard that it will leave a halo effect on darkly painted walls. I have a bone color on my walls and it didn't harm that. Works great on some areas of candle soot too.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@May 15 2005, 07:29 AM
I was at Target yesterday and was looking for the Magic Eraser in the cleaning supplies aisles and couldn't find it... However, while I was standing in the check-out line I looked at the suff in the racks there and lo and behold.... there was a "trial size" Magic Eraser!

YES!!! That thing is a miracle!! At first I was using it without water 
  as there were no instructions... Then I read the box and it said something like... "it works great with nothing but water". So I wasn't sure if I was supposed to wet the Eraser or wet the surface it was cleaning. So I wet the eraser....

BUT is great... it got stuff of of my walls that were impossible... And it worked great on the lid to my kitchen trashcan. It is one of those Rubbermaid cans and the lid is white but not smooth.. hard to explain. It attracts dirt but the dirt does not respond to regular cleaning products.... the Magic Eraser cleaned it spotless!!

Thanks Caesar's Mommie for telling us about this... it's amazing what you can learn on SM!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62405
[/QUOTE]
You are welcome! :D Yes it says to wet the eraser and then squeeze out the excess water.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts