Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if there are any posters out there that have more than two maltese? We have two right now and two babies 4 1 weeks old and are serioulsy considering keeping both of the girls. The only concern we have is whether we will be able to give them the attention they need or will the other two be jealous (they are the momma and pappa). We want to do what is best for the puppies, but it will be so hard to give them up. If we do we are going to insist they go as a pair so they will always have a playmate. Any feedback would be appreciated. We have some time to decide, but everyday I get more and more attached to the sweet little things, and they have names already. Hmmm do you think I am attached? (haha)
2 happy malts mom and 2 happy malts grandma

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our Malts names are Pudge(pappa) Josie (mamma) and the babies are Piper and Sophie. It is so cute they have the characteristic of their mom and dad. Josie is really tiny and pettite small baby doll face and so is Piper yet she has the curlier hair of her pappa and his personality-goes non-stop. The other one Sophie looks her papa-we called her the big girl until we got a name, yet she is just like her mamma, a cuddler and wants to be loved on and has the long straight hair of her mamma. Of course I think they are the cutest things on this side of heaven. Josie and Pudge are so spoiled and are at our sides from the minute we walk in the door until we leave the next day, so that is my concern could we do justice to two more...I would sure like to try, the idea of a herd of Maltese is so appealing, they are the most amazingly intelligent animals I have had. Yes you can tell I am a sold out Malt Fan. I will post pics of my babies as soon as I get my digital camera back from my friend.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
the only problem i would have is that the females would fight. i never thought it would happen---but i was watching emergency vets....and a mother and daughter dog got into a really bad fight. i forget what happened....but i remember that the daughter was all bloody or something.

if i were you though----i would keep the dogs.
i think maybe that might've been another reason i didnt breed sprite. lol.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
We have two girls now, they are a year and a half apart 1.5 and 3, and are inseperable.

We really want another one, but we are trying to have a baby and we're getting ready to open a store that the girls are giong to be at with us all day and we just don't think a new puppy would be a good idea

Oh well.. in a few years probably. We really like the idea of having 3 so that if something happens to 1 the other one isn't all lonely...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts