Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been on here very much, although I do come and read the new posts. The new format has just begun to grow on me, and I am learning things. I lost my sil back in April, and things are just winding down from her death. Now I am hit with the possibility of my precious daughter having MS.

Kristy is what has kept my dad alive for the last 4 years while he has had to live at a nursing home. His doctor says she is the reason that he is still alive, he is the reason she decided to go back to school to become a nurse. Then she started having symptoms of tingling in her arms, legs, fingers. This has been going on for about 8 months now and she finally went to the neurologist this past week and was given 3 possibilities of what she could have. She had a MRI last week and in all I read, it is extremely hard to diagnose MS, or even some of the other possibilities. Her B12 was low and she did take otc but that didn't stop the tingling.

Do any of our members have this or have love ones that maybe could give me some advice to help her with this? I have not put a great deal of worry into this, as I am more positive thinking that it is something other than MS. I know that God will take care of her but she is the mother of my only grandchild. Thanks in advance for any suggestion

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
was she checked for clotting? blood clots (full or partial) can lead to tingling and are very difficult to diagnose as well.

I hope that you are able to confirm a diagnosis.

·
Premium Member
4,905 Posts
I don't have any experience with this Diane so I can't offer any advice. I can offer my caring and support though. I'm sorry this worry has been dealt to you and your daughter. I will keep her in my prayers.:grouphug:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Various forms of neuropathy can cause those signs. I'm not a medical person and don't want to say more.

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Diane, I have mild remitting relapsing MS. I can share with you what procedures I have gone through ... before my doctors reached the diagnosis of MS.

The MRI is important ... however, MS does NOT always show up right away on an MRI. There are many other tests a good neurologist will prescribe to be done before an MS diagnosis is reached. Some tests being ... the Evoked Potential, various other nerve conduction tests, and often the lumbar puncture. Also, an ophthalmology exam can help determine the diagnosis (Optic Neuritis)

Besides the tests, a complete and detailed history has to be made of symptoms that might have occurred in the past. For instance, I completely lost my eye sight many years ago. Also, things such as falls, balance problems, loss of sensation in any part of the body, eye problems, speech problems ... all kinds of things. So, that alone, is why a doctor has to make sure it is MS and not something else going on.

MS does not have to be the end of the world. There are different levels of MS. Mine is considered mild. And, there are wonderful new medications on the market to slow down the process of MS.

Only your daughter's doctor can make the final diagnosis with what your daughter is experiencing with the tingling. And, sometimes it is good to get a second opinion. I had more than three, actually. I think MS usually has more than one symptom ... but, again, I am not a doctor. All that I know is that before one has a diagnosis of MS ... often one will feel like a complete hypochondriac. :yes:

Please let us know what the results of your daughter's test show. It could be so many things from what you have described ... in other words, something less serious, too.

I'm trying to type this out fast for you, so I hope this all does not sound confusing. (You could blame it on the MS :HistericalSmiley: ... a standard joke for those of us who have MS)

Seriously, please feel free to PM me anytime, Diane. I can even call you on the phone if you'd like.

On another note ... I am so sorry about your SIL.
:grouphug:

Marie

·
Registered
744 Posts
Prayers for your family :(
I owuld like to pass on an amazing link. Some people will scoff, but I know it works and can cure many MANY different health problems. And Montel Williams is now taking this treatment and even built his own juicer because he believes in it so much. (and he has MS btw)

Max Gerson
The Gerson Institute - Alternative Cancer Treatment

It says cancer, but it's cured many many different things. (including fibromialsia and other autoimmune disorders).
Do some research on it before you laugh it off. I'm telling you it works. I've been researching this for about 6 months now and all I have seen is wonderful and it makes sense if you know about the body and nutrition. There's a movie on youtube you can watch that tells about it with people that have had the treatments and everything. Here is tons of people's testimonies YouTube - max gerson and there is a movie you can rent called The Gerson Miracle and one called the beautiful truth that tell a lot about it.

Please keep us updated.
((HUG))

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Oh Diane, I will keep Kristy in my prayers,

Heavenly Father, be with Kristy, comfort her, give her peace and strength as she begins this new journey, you know what is happening to her body, I ask for a healing on her body, thank you for being with Kristy. I also ask for your touch on Diane's dad, bring him comfort and joy to his last years, may Kristy, Diane and their dad, granddad enjoy many more years with one another. Be with Diane, help her to know how she might uplift her daughter during this time. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

please let us know how she is doing. This has got to be scarey for all of you.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Diane - I'm so sorry about your daughter having these pains and tingling. My mother had carpel tunnel syndrome in her hand and the tingling and numbness was very uncomfortable before she had surgery. I hope the doctors come up with answers for you and that she will be fine. Sending positive thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ladies, you are all the greatest. She is going this week for a nerve test, which I hear is not too comfortable. Marie thanks for your kind words, and when I find out more, I will pm you. Cheri, the website I will send on to her. The ladies on SM are just the most wonderful and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I will see her this weekend as she lives in Wilmington and I in Apex, close to Raleigh....She is the doer in my family, and I pray that all will be well with her.......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts