Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To everyone who was concerned about me bringing MuShu home @ 8 weeks... I have made arrangements so he comes home @ 10 weeks old. I know it's not the 12 week standard but it is truly that the best I can do. That will be when my "vacation" starts so I can be with him 24/7 to fully acquaint him to his new home and take care of him. In the end, I believe it will a plus for MuShu's well being. I hope that puts some concerned folks at ease. I know I feel better. I just wanted to thank everyone who was so concerned about MuShu! I will need all of your help when he finally arrives. Thank you again!

Update: He is 1 lb and 10 oz @ 5 weeks. Is this good?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I think that waiting was a smart decision. Although 10 weeks is still young, MuShu will be fine with your full attention. When do you bring him home? Isn't the wait the hardest?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Thats good, I remember I went adn picked out Sunny then told them I just couldnt take him home this week I was way to busy lol so I ended up getting him at around 11weeks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will pick up MuShu Sat May 28th around noon cuz I want to give him a whole day to get used to his new home. It is going to be the longest wait of my life. How in the world am I going to deal with this....

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I am so happy that they are letting you wait till 10 weeks instead of 12. It's better than 8 weeks but since you know about nutrical and you will have 24/7 with him, you both should be fine.
The wait will be hard but when he comes home be sure to take LOTS of pictures and post them! We love pictures!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by DiDi@Apr 20 2005, 09:05 AM
I will pick up MuShu Sat May 28th around noon cuz I want to give him a whole day to get used to his new home.  It is going to be the longest wait of my life.  How in the world am I going to deal with this....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54432
[/QUOTE]
Time will fly by. The worst part for me was waiting. To help with it I went shopping. I bought way to much stuff.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Youve made the best choice for your baby,you are already a very good MOM
The wait will be so worth it ,when you finally get him home!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Apr 20 2005, 07:52 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DiDi
@Apr 20 2005, 09:05 AM
I will pick up MuShu Sat May 28th around noon cuz I want to give him a whole day to get used to his new home.  It is going to be the longest wait of my life.  How in the world am I going to deal with this....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54432
Time will fly by. The worst part for me was waiting. To help with it I went shopping. I bought way to much stuff.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54453
[/B][/QUOTE]

Boy do I hear you on the shopping thing!! Now I realize how much of all that stuff I DIDN'T need!! LOL

Glad to hear your baby will get a few more weeks to learn some proper puppy manners!! How exciting for you!! Your picture is just precious

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Great! There is a huge difference between 8 and 10 weeks. I got Kallie at 8 weeks
and Catcher a little over 10 (the breeder wanted to do 12 but I had a scheduling situation also) and I was amazed at how much more responsive he was in every way..... Now, at almost a year, he is very trusting and calm. Kallie, who I do love dearly, is suspicious and hyper. For examle, if I call K & C to the back of the house, Catcher will come right away... Kallie will look at me suspiciously as if she isn't quite sure she wants to come. And today a friend came over and Kallie went bonkers barking and squealing... Catcher was quite calm.

Obviously there are personality differences that will occur no matter what, but I do think that him waiting until 10+ weeks is some of the reason why he is so "good".

They are both loving, sweet and a pleasure to live with!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just talked with the Breeder. Mushu is 1 lb and 10 oz and he is 5 weeks today. Is this about right?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by DiDi@Apr 20 2005, 05:42 PM
Just talked with the Breeder.  Mushu is 1 lb and 10 oz and he is 5 weeks today.  Is this about right?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54624
[/QUOTE]
I don't know if this helps but my first Malt, Rosebud, was 2 pounds at 8 weeks; Catcher was 2.8 at 10 weeks.... Rosebud ended up at around 9 pounds; Catcher is a bit under 7 pounds. MuShu seems about right to me.... He seems like "good" size......

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
gooood decision

about the weight thing.. idk like from a 'professional' standpoint, but lucy was less than that at 9 weeks and weighs a little under 4 lbs now at 6.5 months.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by puppylucy@Apr 20 2005, 07:44 PM
gooood decision

about the weight thing.. idk like from a 'professional' standpoint, but lucy was less than that at 9 weeks and weighs a little under 4 lbs now at 6.5 months.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54666
[/QUOTE]

wow lucy is TINY!!! I think MuShu will be much bigger than that. I originally hoped for a a really small Malt but now I'm mostly just happy if they're healthy.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts