Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out how to make a video with music....where do you get the music? Also, any hints I need to know??

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Shhh, don't tell anyone, but I borrow music from cds that I own. I copy the songs from teh CD onto my computer. You can also just create the video and when you post it to Youtube you can edit the audio (add msuic to it), but depending on how busy Youtube is, it can take forever to sync. This happened with mine recently and I was only adding a song that is 1minute and 16seconds. Also, if you go the youtube route, you can filter the songs by the length of your video - that helps a lot.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
However, if you go with music that is on your computer and you have Windows Movie Maker, you can split the song or change it when you need to. For example, say you want to show 5 pics with music in the background and then show a little video with no music because you want the sound of the video instead you can "split" the song at the point where the video starts so that the song pauses while the video plays and then continue the song again once the video ends. Windows Movie Maker has a lot of neat things you can do with it whereas I believe in Youtube you can just add a song.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Edith. I feel like this is taking forever....and it's just a test :blink: The video is really nothing....:unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
I'm not very proficient at technology so I took the EASY route when I made a music video for my daughter's 21st birthday. I used Animoto. Animoto - The End of Slideshows Sooooooo simple. You just choose your theme, upload pictures, and choose your music. You can even choose from their music library. The video is then rendered for you and voila, it's done. It looks very professional. Only drawback is that the video either ends when the pictures end or when the music ends, whichever is shorter. I wanted the whole song, so I just put in more pictures than I knew I needed. You can rerender it as often as needed until it's how you want it.

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Shhh, don't tell anyone, but I borrow music from cds that I own. I copy the songs from teh CD onto my computer. You can also just create the video and when you post it to Youtube you can edit the audio (add msuic to it), but depending on how busy Youtube is, it can take forever to sync. This happened with mine recently and I was only adding a song that is 1minute and 16seconds. Also, if you go the youtube route, you can filter the songs by the length of your video - that helps a lot.
:thmbup:

Personally, I don't add music using YouTube's editing tool. It is always a music I add in my video editing software BEFORE posting in youtube.

hurry up Pat!!!!! I wanna see:wub:

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not very proficient at technology so I took the EASY route when I made a music video for my daughter's 21st birthday. I used Animoto. Animoto - The End of Slideshows Sooooooo simple. You just choose your theme, upload pictures, and choose your music. You can even choose from their music library. The video is then rendered for you and voila, it's done. It looks very professional. Only drawback is that the video either ends when the pictures end or when the music ends, whichever is shorter. I wanted the whole song, so I just put in more pictures than I knew I needed. You can rerender it as often as needed until it's how you want it.
I signed up for this at your suggestion but haven't tried it yet....it looks very cool!!!! Thanks :thumbsup:

....hey Orla....I posted my silly little video the other day...really, it's nothing - more of a test. :blush:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts